University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

Totally agree! Thank you.

Unless tonight passes, they haven’t broken their commitment. Some want to debate word “by” yet it can also to many mean they have until 11:59 tonight.

Their apps are up from all reports … we have no idea how COVID has affected their team compared to another school.

While no one likes waiting, get it, they are reading all the apps unlike reports of MN for instance who are deferring in much greater numbers.

While everyone is stressed, it seems looking for every hint, listening to “I heard”, can’t be helping. There may be a reason they aren’t announcing a time … not everyone in first wave heard at the same moment, there may be a technical thing working thru …

You will hear tonight … whether you heard 10 days ago or now, it will become far less significant than a 4+ year experience … those who get a yes will see just how quickly that fades once you are a Badger

4 Likes

soo do we have any idea on the time?

I know it’s frustrating to wait, and this whole process has been frustrating! Just remember that decisions ARE coming out today (i hope haha)! This will all be over in a few hours haha

That is true – this is a year with unique challenges . . . however, these challenges exist for possibly every university, but Wisconsin is perhaps one of the only schools that is massively hampered by the influx of EA applications.

1 Like

Actually by doesn’t not mean at the end of. It means before. This is a university we are talking about, they should use precise language. It would help people know what to expect. So would a quick Instagram telling people the decisions will not be released early- or even giving a time and date out of kindness.

3 Likes

This seems so easy to remedy. Weeks ago they could have sent an email stating all remaining EA decisions will be released at XX p.m. on XX date. Other schools we’ve applied to have taken this approach . . . I don’t know why UW has taken an approach which has done nothing but frustrate and anger applicants.

6 Likes

Agree. UIUC sent an email last week saying decisions would be released feb 19th at 4 pm. I would have liked to see something similar from uw but that didn’t happen

3 Likes

Agree too. Michigan all but told people it would be Friday and stuck with 3:00.

3 Likes

Every school has had same challenges. Some are just more transparent than others or were able to come in with the usual date and time
they normally do. It’s really not an excuse to be frank.

1 Like

anyone elses portal blue again

For those defending UW…yes, they did say by the 31st but it has never gone this long and all they had to do was say “we are releasing on January 31”. This would have eliminated incessant checking of portals since December 15 when the first wave of decisions went out. Other big schools with lots of applicants handled this much better. No early first wave and announcement of release date. It was not hard.

7 Likes

Totally agree that had all decisions been released by 1/31, that would have been understandable and consistent with their messaging. Had some of decisions been released on 12/15 and then more decisions released soon thereafter in waves by state, that also would have been understandable. We know the schools are seeing an unprecedented # of applications but the 12/15 release followed by silence is what is causing the unnecessary anxiety.

4 Likes

Agreed

Yes! I guess the reality is that a school as big as Madison is going to have an admissions office that is likely totally siloed from the rest of the school. Clearly they didn’t use the university’s resources (law school, English department, school of communications) to create the messaging. So regardless of the ass backward way this has gone down, it does not reflect the operation or organization of the rest of the school. Hopefully.

4 Likes

I mean Michigan is bigger and when people called the AO they were telling them we say by 1.31 but we don’t work weekends so you can infer what you will from that. Sure enough they came out Friday at 3.

3 Likes

The admissions system causing so many angry posts has already been a sign of unprofessionalism. Students apply early because they love the school. Nobody wants to get angry. They still love the school even though the system needs to improve. I don’t think it’s the best to keep silent all the time, which probably means nobody cares about their decisions and that’s something really cruel for the admissions office.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what the different portal colors mean? Some are blue, green or red, any thoughts or is it just something random?

1 Like

I think if they are organized enough to figure out who is posting and connect it to an applicant and they punish that applicant then they should JUST RELEASE THE DECISIONS. I don’t believe that they are capable of coping on that level. So we are all free to ■■■■■ them all day. It’s just a bad look for them when next years applicants look and see what people were feeling this year. That’s some free bad press.

Huh. It blacked out the word that starts with t and is a little creature that lives under a bridge. Strange censoring

2 Likes

They can connect these posts to our application?