University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

No way. They can’t find our names, but if they had the time and energy for that then we should all seriously reconsider them as an option worthy of our consideration. That would be a complete waste of their time and resources.

Ah okay. I was scared there for a little :sweat_smile:

Although I posted on Instagram using my name. And I am an alumni, so they can contact me if they want. I would be happy to share my feedback. My D is most likely going to northeastern, so she doesn’t care very much what I do. Although my level of involvement here is unexpected🤣

1 Like

Off topic, but can anyone give me their child’s experience at UW as an OOS student that’s not used to midwestern winters. We are Texans and I am not convinced my son will survive the cold up there. He visited in the summer and fell in love.

Curious about what your D likes about Northeastern versus Wisconsin (assuming admission to UW)? It’s interesting to hear about students’ views of pros and cons of schools.

anyone have any idea when decisions will be released? did anyone call admissions?

1 Like

My D really likes the co-op program. She is excited for college and all it has to offer, but she is also looking forward to getting some real life work experience. I think she is just that type of kid. No value judgement at all with that statement.

2 Likes

Don’t they have one of the best CS department in the country lol?

Makes sense!

Computer science? I have no idea. I bet you can guess that won’t be her major😬

has anyone called admissions recently?

They won’t say when the decisions are coming out.

1 Like

They also do some really cool combined majors. She was accepted for poli sci/communications. They have some unique programs and opportunities.

lmao what’s even happening

2 Likes

Blowing up the chat until someone posts that decisions were released. Part time bullying the admissions office.

4 Likes

are we supposed to get an email or will it be on the portal? does anyone know?

I’d assume portal, then email?

1 Like

Yes, email follows portal release. Don’t worry, if you follow this thread you will know within 30 secs when they are out.

5 Likes

ahaha ok thanks

I applied early action to UW-Madison and am pretty frustrated. On July 30 they announced the test optional policy for this application year. UW-Madison and other universities should have realized that implementing a test optional policy would cause a significant increase in applicants. They should have started hiring and training people to read applications as soon as they made the test optional announcement. I understand the past 12 months have been difficult but other universities received a higher increase in applicants than UW-Madison(UCs and Umich etc). I applied early action because I thought I would have an advantage or be looked at earlier. However, early action seems to be different than how it used to be. With that being said. I think colleges should only have early decision and regular decision. Good luck to all!

3 Likes