***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

They responded to me for one of those haha!! I just don’t want to get my hopes up and tomorrow at 7 have nothing come out

I just want to know already!!! Ugh so frustrating when you put so much effort into getting an app done by the Nov 1 deadline only for a school to take it’s leisurely time giving you a decision.

I have a feeling that the time is coming!!

do we check email or portal when it comes out? like will the portal update first/where on the portal would it be?

That Reddit post earlier on said that the portal will only update once the e-mail is in our inbox so look for the e-mail rather than checking your portal all the time. However, I fail to see how checking your portal all the time does NOT give you an answer eventually.

I was reading last years forum and the decision is usually posted in the student center about an hour before the email is sent

They said the same thing at UMichigan but the portal had my decision posted over 2 hrs before I got the email. Very optimistic about tomorrow! It’s getting me through my last midterms.

Anyone hear?

@collegecrazyperson not yet, but I have a feeling if we hear today it wont be until later tonight

@sml1234 I don’t think it’s fair to say they are taking their leisurely time. I doubt that the admissions office is just lounging around messing with students…

@CollegeMan91 I agree - I’ve been wondering if they are swamped. That Reddit post gave me a bit of hope because if the admissions counselor moved on to other work, maybe it’s because the bulk of work at Admissions is now over with. So then it just becomes a matter of getting everything in a row before what has to be a MAJOR release. Also, would much rather they do things thoroughly and correctly than rushed and error-prone. We’ve all heard about inadvertent accept e-mails accidentally sent by other colleges. No one wants to replicate those kinds of errors!

If decisions are released tonight and I get accepted I will name my first born child Bucky Badger

I freak out a little bit every time I get an email

Theres actually a kid named that in Madison @BoiULookLikFish

why do you guys think it will be today/this weekend???

I think we will have to wait a bit longer…I think it’s gonna be Tuesday, January 31st. End of January…

Why do you say that? @Seacoast

Form information of Post #414

@Seacoast That’s the most UNlikely scenario. The transfer decisions we the same “End of December” but they heard back starting around the 15th… So we could easily hear back either tonight or next week

My student center had completly dissapeared as an option on my portal, happening to anoyonr else?