***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

Yea I’m guessing/ hoping that starting this Friday to start hearing back!

I agree! I think by saying “by” the end that they don’t actually mean January 31… hopefully anyway :))

Bah. Back to “by end of January” on their Twitter.

@RealTobyBelch We can confirm that EA decisions will be released by the end of Jan. Sorry, we don’t post release dates.”

Ugh that’s so annoying. Let’s just keep hoping… maybe they’ll surprise us all and release sooner rather than later!

Our generation is so impatient even the NBA is thinking about shortening the games! BWAHHHHHHHHH =))

Do we have to send in our first semester grades? does anyone know if that is required

I believe you’re supposed to self report them

what does that really mean? is there like a spot on MyUW to do it or do we email the grades to them, or what?

Common App has a “mid year report”

Dudes, the answer is on their website:

"Self-Report Grades

Applicants are expected to self-report their mid-year grades when prompted by email during the application process. To ensure a possible future admit decision is not in jeopardy of being cancelled, applicants must report their grades exactly as they appear on an official transcript or grade report that was issued by their school."

https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/help/selfreport/

Praying that Wisco’s Office of Admissions will give us a nice (or not so nice) surprise tomorrow and release decisions. I doubt they have much more decisions to make at this point.

any idea what time if tomorrow?

@collegecrazyperson Someone earlier on here said decisons in the past got released at 7:00 PM Central Time.

Last year for OOS they tweeted out on the last Friday of Jan. (1/29?) that decisions would be released all weekend. Can’t remember if anyone posted a result before Sunday evening at 7 pm CT. That’s certainly when the bulk of them seem to arrive. It’s anyone’s guess this year.

Their tweets are back to “hang in there” but it’s all pretty much boilerplate response at this point. They did just send out a link to their Global Development Scholarship so maybe they are planning to release in time for people to apply to that? Here’s hoping, at any rate. :slight_smile:

Someone on Facebook said that her father is friends with an admissions counselor and they said we would hear “by the end of the week”, so this weekend hopefully.

I would take this with a grain of salt though.

@Thatch Let’s hope! Everybody keep their fingers crossed for a little Inauguration Day surprise! It would be a day filled with greatness!

hahahaha somehow I doubt if the election had gone the other way that Admissions would release tomorrow. You might be correct, @sml1234. :))

@JBStillFlying Lol I’m sure the entire Madison area is still pretty upset about the election… Especially because their state voted Republican for the first time since 1984… Hahaha

they did 2 more tweets tonight saying “the wait is almost over, hang in there!” and “we hear ya! the wait is almost over!” which sounds like it actually could be tomorrow (although I’m probably just reading into it because I want it to be) let’s hope though!!

@kollege50105 I saw those! I feel like we’re right guys… 7 PM CT Tomorrow everyone just check to make sure!! Just keep hoping!!!