***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

Hello there! I just wanted to start this thread for all of us to connect.
Me you ask? I applied for EA and here are my “stats”:
GPA: IB: 36/42
ACT: 27 :’( (retook it in oct, the scores aren’t out yet)
EC’s: A couple of good ones

So let’s get this party started!

They haven’t received my transcript for some reason. I’m stressing out that it won’t reach them before November 7 material receipt deadine :frowning:

Just wait for a couple more days. If they still haven’t received it then perhaps email them? I emailed them regarding something and their reply was prompt so don’t worry too much.

Thanks for starting this! I am so anxious for decisions to come out.

Well, Lulu2017 that makes two of us.

As an International student, do I have to submit TOEFL even if my instruction in school is English? I am asking this because in the material status list, it says “Test for English as Foreign language- Requested”.

Anyway, I already ordered the submission of scores by the test agency but the problem is it says estimated delivery “11/11/16”

Do I email them about this? I already emailed them regarding something else. Don’t wanna seem too insecure lol.

Honestly, I don’t know anything about that. However, if it’s in your material status list, I am assuming that you need it. I would email them. It’s better to know you have everything you need instead of stressing about it. :slight_smile:

True, I emailed them. I suppose it should be fine.

Also, did u guys get a confirmation email that u applied “Early”? I submitted my app like 10 min before the deadline. Lol

Also, did u guys get a confirmation email that u applied “Early”? I submitted my app like 10 min before the deadline. Lol

I would e-mail. But here is what they say from the website:

"TOEFL or IELTS Scores

Freshmen: Freshman applicants from non-English speaking countries must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score, unless English was the language of instruction for all courses in all years of secondary school.

. . . .

Waiver: If you feel that you qualify for a TOEFL or IELTS waiver based upon the requirements above, please submit all required transcripts to our office as soon as possible. Once your transcripts are marked as “Received” in your Student Center, please send an email to our office and a counselor will determine if the waiver criteria are met."

https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/prepare/international.php

So you should follow up with them today and clarify whether they actually need yourTOEFL. If they don’t you are home free. If they do, make sure they know that it’s en route with an expected date of 11/11. From the wording it appears that there is a bit of additional time flexibility in all of this but for your own peace of mind you should contact them to make sure everything’s fine. Don’t worry about seeming insecure - they would much rather have applicants calling to make sure all the I’s are dotted and T’s are crossed than have applicants being negligent and then contacting them in a panic later on! And they get a LOT of calls this time of year so you are probably not even going to be speaking to the same person.

Good luck!

Yup yup very true. :slight_smile:

@FIN2187 re: your post #7 - just checked my daughter’s confirmation e-mail and it does NOT mention “Early Action”. However, they did acknowledge receiving her application on 10/29 and her application specifies “Early Action” so it’s pretty obvious in her case. Guessing it’s pretty obvious in yours as well.

@JBStillFlying It says Early Action on my common App but there was no confirmation given by the university that they received it on 11/1 neither by email nor through the student center.

@FIN2187 yeah I hear you. In the absence of a definite statement that they are looking at Early Action for you, then you might want to keep hold of the e-mail you received from CommonAp or UW’s online system confirming your submission (should have received this within a minute or two after submitting). Or at the very least the e-mail confirming the credit card payment! The date and time stamps on those should serve as proof that you got your application in by or at the deadline.

The website pretty much says if you get your application in by 11/1 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time and send the remaining materials within a reasonable period of time afterward, they will consider you for Early Action. If all that sounds like what you did then you are most likely fine.

Yeah, that sounds like me.

The material receipt deadline (transcript, test score, recommendation letter) is November 8, not “a reasonable period of time”.

From the admissions website:

"Freshman Fall Decision Plans

Students who apply by November 1 and complete their application in a reasonable time will receive a decision by the end of January. Those who apply by February 1 and complete their application in a reasonable time will receive a decision by the end of March. Please note: It may take 5-7 business days after receipt of an item to update the status to “Received” in your Student Center. Applicants are notified by email if they are missing items. To ensure you receive important email notifications add the email address onwisconsin@admissions.wisc.edu to your approved senders list."

https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/apply/freshman/deadlines.php

@madison85 perhaps you can address the OP’s concern about having applied right under the wire and whether the application will be considered for Early Action, given that the confirmation letter from UW-Madison makes no mention of that. What sort of assurance does OP have that they actually received it on-time?

The student can contact Admissions to ask if everything was received by the November 8 date.

Heyy, are you guys able access the student center? For some reason, I haven’t been able to access it since yesterday.