***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

@pussinbootz Try the Net Price Calculator - it’s been extremely accurate in the past (to the dollar).

https://finaid.wisc.edu/award-estimator.php

Will Illinois decisions be posted tomorrow night?

Nada for IL…

Ditto nada for Illinois

Nothing for Michigan either >:P

according to twitter there is still a chance for tn but I say very unlikely

Yay accepted!

Minnesota
3.8 GPA UW, 4.3 W
32 ACT
Varsity tennis player, nordic ski manager
NHS VP
500+ volunteer hours
8 AP classes, lot of honors

Other stuff too, but can’t think right now!

Does anyone know where to go to fill out housing stuff???

@hopefulbadger18 - This was on their twitter feed. You’ll hear from Housing and other campus offices with the info you need soon. Start here: https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/admitted/checklist/fall_freshmen.php

oos texas and I haven’t heard anything yet :frowning: I really thought I would’ve tonight and was so nervous all day! I guess tomorrow ugh

Their Twitter is saying if you don’t hear tonight then you should over the next couple of days. It really does sound like they are trying to get everything out well before the end of the month.

Nothing for my DD yet (Missouri). Nice to know it will be soon!

Accepted
OOS (NJ)
GPA: 3.9
ACT: 28
Good ec

Has anyone been accepted in the past hour?

Daughter in CT just accepted. 30 ACT, 4.2 WGPA

Rejected from UW Letters and Sciences. Got my decision at 10pm today OOS

ACT 30
Gpa: 90 unweighted
Varsity runner for two years
Shocked at my admission decision. Thinking I might’ve messed up my essay or something. No clue what happened.

Accepted Engineering
OOS GA
Male
Hispanic
ACT 28
GPA UW 3.7
Varsity Sports 3 yr x 2

So proud and excited for him to carry on the tradition!

Deferred
OOS MN
ACT 29
GPA 3.9 uw
Heavily involved in orchestra and theater with many leadership positions in both and other EC’s. I spent a lot of time on my essays and had them all reviewed/ edited by my English teacher. I thought they were well done, but apparently admissions didn’t. I had two different recommendations which I also thought were very flattering and reflected well on me.
I’m really disappointed that I was deferred, as Madison has been my top choice since tenth grade, and I’m wondering what my shots are at being accepted later; I’m afraid there are none.

Accepted college of engineering (nuclear engineering)
OOS MN
ACT 33
GPA 3.99 Unweighted
EC’s include band, theater, golf, forensics, and various volunteer groups
2 pretty good letters of rec

Accepted
OOS CA
Act 30 New SAT 1410 (1440 Super Score)
UW gpa 3.72 W gpa 3.91 (Without Freshman, it would be round 3.85 for UW gpa, I guess… I got F in freshman in foreign country
None EC other than one sport for one year, and a few clubs… seriously.
Undecided
They said I need to take Toefl which I did not take, but as it turns out that I got in, they are wrong…?
Now let’s see what is going on UCs…