***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

I’m happy to report that my D was accepted to her top choice of all 9 schools where applied.
Stats are so so:
CofEng
29 ACT (35 M)
3.88 UW GPA, 4.46 WGPA (6 APs, 2 Dual Enrollment), lots of Honors
ECs are mainly contributing to the community: church group youth leader, starting varsity volleyball setter, collects, sorts and distributes 1000 toys annually around holidays to cancer centers (since 6th grade), volunteer calculus tutor. Motivational statement discussed the importance of diversity in solving today’s challenges and how she wants to lead change by becoming a successful woman in field of science and technology and to pursue innovation and advancement through a career path in chemical engineering.
OOS: CA
Other schools accepted: Uof Minnesota (4th in country), Purdue
Others applied: Berkeley, UCLA, UC Davis, Cal Poly SLO, Georgia Tech
Deferred: Michigan

Good luck everyone! I’ve been really impressed following this process and know that everyone here will be immensely successfully wherever they attend.

did you guys get emails or see on the portal? my portal is being so weird my only options are advising resources SOAR registration and bookmarks, it has been like this since 7 i’m OOS from il

OOS son accepted from MA. 32 act 4.2 weighted gpa. 7 AP’s. good Ec’s

Email only says the decision is available. You need to get in the portal and check.

Accepted last night, instate 3.7 uw gpa & 27 ACT.

Wow, I got in! OOS 35 ACT 3.65 GPA

Got in international 31ACT 3.8 UW

Decisions are out! Check your MyUW account and you should have you admissions decision even if you didn’t get and email/letter yet

I sadly did not get in but good luck to all of you!!

Applied: 10/27/16
Decision Date: 01/20/17
Decision: Accepted :smiley:
Nationality: Indian
College: L&S , CS Intent (first choice)
SAT: 1900 (730M)
Letters: 3 (8/10)
Grade 10 GPA: 10/10
Grade 11%: 77% (just deflation, it’s an Indian thing)
ECs: tutoring, research student, leadership, quiz, volunteering, dance, short film.
Extras: Programming capabilities
Essays: Decent

Not sure if I’m going yet, still waiting for other decisions. This is the first decision I received. Congrats to all those who got in! And all the best to all those waiting. You’ll hear it soon!

Accepted :slight_smile:
From Minnesota
Got: 3.87
ACT: 25

D was deferred. Looking like it’s U of M.

MN
Act 29
GPA 3.7

Accepted!
MN, Female, White
34 ACT
4.0 UW GPA
All-State Musician, 2 Sport Varsity Athlete, Many Extracurriculars

Congrats to all of you!

Post # 695- gpa of 90= what on a 4.0 scale??? If 90-100 is an A then a rather low gpa, a reason to be rejected. Test scores can be high but low grades can mean poor study habits- not a good indicator for success in college. Plus- too many others more likely to succeed.

Hey guys… I can’t seems to find anything on my portal, anyone can tell me where exactly in student center will I find my decisions??? I’m about to have s breakdown…please help thanks in advance!!!

click on student center once you log into my UW and then you should be able to click to view your decisions @Ricsung

Where exactly in student center tho? I can’t find anything in “notification” @kgbbbbbb

anyone from IL hear yet?

@Ricsung this is just the first wave of decisions. You’d receive an e-mail if your decision is ready. I completely understand what you’re going through. Don’t worry.

@wis75 my 90 gpa is 3.6/4.0 on an unweighted scale. Im surprised i was rejected because my grades have increased Freshman to Junior year, i took 8 APs, and was heavily involved in extracurriculars. Regardless, a rejection from a very good school like wisconsin is nothing for me or anyone to be discouraged about. Congrats to everyone else who was accepted!