***University of Wisconsin-Madison Spring 2018 Transfer Thread***

I got accepted too, good luck everyone here!!!

Me too!!! good luck guys

just got accepted also

So excited to be a BADGER next term officially!

Congrats everyone! So excited to meet you all very soon!!

Daughter also accepted as well.

Late post but I got in too. Congratulations to you all! #LilBoat

Does anyone have any idea on when financial aid reports will be sent out?

I am not afraid to admit that I did not get in, but I could’ve guessed that! I attempted to transfer after one semester of college by taking 24 credits. While they said my application was great, this was the reason they did not accept me. SO for anyone who may read this in the future and may possibly think they can try the same thing, be warned that this may be the sole reason you may not get it. I am going to attempt to appeal, but I won’t get my hopes up. I was highly encouraged to apply for the following semester and also learned that the fees that were paid for the application will cover the entire year/two semesters! So I suggest everyone who didn’t get it, but really wanted to get in to apply for Fall 2018! It’s free and what do you have to lose?

My son transferred from Carroll U to Whitewater - the draw was bigger campus, more activities and better sports. They talked a good game about support for transfer students, but my son got virtually no support and for the first week of classes, missed them all. There is no peer support for transfer students in the spring - my advice is if you’re going to transfer, do it in the fall. - very disappointed

@jayebird23 strange – No one helped him find his classes and therefore missed the first week? There are bigger issues here.