UPenn Admissions Fall 2022

I read that wharton only interviews 40% of applicants and then 1 in 3 students get admitted. Im glad that I had my interview it went reaally good and chill.

And does anybody know when we can expect our decisions?

Are you saying that only 1 in 3 of the 40% who get interviews are admitted? What about those 60% who didn’t get an interview? I thought the interviews aren’t required for admissions.

Source?

Are many of these interviews (availability) reserved more for those wanting Wharton or M&T programs?

+1 for citing your source - new joiner @Chris_Xhuti. Thanks.

I read that wharton only interviews 40% of applicants and then 1 in 3 students get admitted.

This is not correct.

this is wrong. you got this statistic from a website for Wharton MBA interview advice, not undergrad.

3 Likes

That very good advice (to relax and enjoy the conversation). My D came out of her zoom interview with a big smile, full of enthusiasm for UPenn!

1 Like

we are also in VA and no word on Penn interview.

My Daughter interviewed today. Wharton undergraduate applicant
California

Ivy Day, when all the Ivy League schools release their RD determinations, is usually at the end of March, though it was April 6th last year, probably due to increased application volumes. They typically announce the timing a week in advance.

(Btw, the admissions Ivy Day should not be confused with a Penn tradition called Ivy Day, which commemorates a ritual of planting actual ivy on the campus.)

1 Like

had my interview on wednesday. is it standard for most of them to be exactly 30 min? compared to my other interviews – harvard and princeton (just had princeton this morning!) an hour, yale for a shocking 2 whole hours – it seems so short, especially since the interviewer started asking me if i had any questions at the 17 minute mark.

I’ve seen people in this thread saying their interview was upwards of 90 minutes, it seems the range is rather random/varies greatly

1 Like

thanks. through anecdotal experience with my friends i’ve noticed that penn sticks with the 30 minute thing much stricter than other schools. but of course this isn’t the case all the time

1 Like

My daughter’s interview for Upenn was for exact 30 mins in mid Jan.

2 Likes

Anybody in NJ still waiting for an interview? I applied 05-Jan, portal email on 08-Jan, no interview yet. Not sure what to make of it

Yes - my daughter hasn’t been contacted about an interview yet.

Don’t make anything of it. If they have an alum who is available, they’ll reach out. If not, they won’t. They have a whole packet of info you submitted and will evaluate you on that. The offer of an interview with a Penn alum does not indicate your chances for admission.

3 Likes

My son had his interview last Saturday - 45 minutes. He has applied to engineering.