UPenn Admissions Fall 2022

Interviews are typically 30-45min, but they can be slightly more or even less depending upon the student, the interviewer, how the conversation flows and length of responses. When interviewers fill out their evaluation sheets that are asked several subjective questions that should be covered in the conversation. On the same note I always end by asking students if they have any questions. Some say “no” while others have long lists. It doesn’t matter how long it takes to cover those questions - though a 2 hour interview like that cited by you for Yale seems a bit excessive.

2 Likes

Have my Penn interview in a few hours! Super nervous since this is literally the first interview I’ve ever had but I think I’m ready.

Good luck! Where are you located?
My daughter had hers last week and it was pretty casual. 30 mins long.

2 Likes

Good luck!

1 Like

I am so glad she had hers!!

Thank you. Hope your kid gets one too!

But if not, no worries - I know 2 students from past years who got accepted and were never interviewed.

She had her’s on Jan 14th and we are in NJ as well. I am also not sure if interview has any weightage, definitely boosts their confidence!!

1 Like

Missouri! I was asked to interview on January 18th.

D22 is also waiting for it. We are in CA. I saw their dataset and the Interview is important.

My daughter had hers on Sunday
We are in LA, CA

1 Like

Important, yes - but only if offered. If not offered it’s not a concern. As I mentioned I know two people who are at UPenn who were never offered an interview. It’s based on interviewer availability.

5 Likes

Finished the interview! It was about 40 minutes and I thought it went really well. Good luck everyone who has an upcoming one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Son is still waiting too. We are in CA.

Same. still waiting.

Still waiting in Texas too…

just got an interview, I am from Jordan

Still waiting in NJ

Does anyone know if Penn does likely letters to people who aren’t recruited athletes?? And if so, do you know around when they are sent out? I’m guessing all of you reading this are jsut as anxious as I am!!

Actually, no. Neither my daughter nor we (her parents) are waiting or hoping to get one, let alone feeling anxious about it.

Very, very few people will get a likely letter. The overwhelming majority of those who get accepted don’t get one. So it’s definitely not something I’d worry about.

4 Likes

Finally! Son received an email about an interview for Penn. I was started to wonder if he’d get any. He did one in October for Georgetown and it’s been silent ever since.

If you’re still waiting, maybe there’s still a chance.

3 Likes