UPenn Class of 2027 Official Thread

Hello Mountainsoul,

Would you by any chance know what the numbers might be for the dual degree programs like M&T, LSM and others?

1 Like

As far as number of applicants? No, I don’t know the breakdown and couldn’t find any publicly shared information.

D got an interview request for a dual degree program. Does anyone know if these are screened first? Or are basically just a specialized alum interview?

1 Like

D got an interview request for a dual degree program. Does anyone know if these are screened first? Or are basically just a specialized alum interview?

Any insight @cody2018?

My son applied for M&T in RD and got the interview email very next day. So, it seems not so much volume of applications.

2 Likes

Think of it as your LoR from Penn Alumni. You should convince the Alumni to write a good appraisal from 20-30 min of interview. Most of the time, its a tie breaker.

Was your son’s interviewer a M&T alumni? I think that’s what 2Devils is trying to find out—whether interviewers are matched to applicants.

My children didn’t apply to one of the specialized programs so I don’t have any knowledge on that front. Their interviews did go well beyond 30 minutes though; both were 1-2 hours.

2 Likes

Yes. Interviewer is M&T alumni

2 Likes

Thanks for the information! Congrats! My D has applied to LSM. Nothing yet.

1 Like

BTW my daughter is not a gymnast.

Thank you!

May I ask which dual-degree program?

Specialized alumni interview, meaning they match alumni from the program with applicants to the program.

1 Like

Got an interview! Didn’t apply to a specialized program–just CAS.

3 Likes

We just got the email yesterday for an interview. Also, did not apply to a specialized program.

2 Likes

When did you guys submitted the application?

the date it was due :joy: :rofl: so jan 5

Hi, I have sent my mid year report , but it doesn’t show in the portal checklist. Is this normal?

1 Like

Yes.

thank you.

2 Likes