Princeton Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Princeton Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 1

3 Likes

Hi - has anyone received their alumni interview request yet?

Yes, I received mine on January 2; I applied on Dec 31.

3 Likes

Does it come by email?

Hi , does anyone know the specific date that RD results will be released ? Thanks

2 Likes

I got two emails: one from Princeton admissions telling me to “expect an email from (interviewer’s name),” and another directly from the interviewer proposing a meetup spot.

Assuming it’s the same as Harvard, Yale, and Brown, March 30.

1 Like

are you a legacy by chance?

1 Like

Just wanted to remind folks that Princeton tries to offer interviews to all applicants and typically succeeds for more than 90%. Applicants are offered interviews according to the availability of the alumni who do the interviews; it’s not a reflection of the strength of the application (or lack thereof).

confusedaboutFA wrote:
I got two emails: one from Princeton admissions telling me to “expect an email from (interviewer’s name),” and another directly from the interviewer proposing a meetup spot.

Yes, that’s the process – the admission office processes the application, the alumni schools committee for the applicant’s region is notified, the ASC assigns an interviewer to the applicant, and the interviewer contacts the applicant to arrange the interview. When the interviewer accepts an assignment, that triggers the message from the admission office to expect an email from the alumna/alumnus.

Some regional ASCs (e.g., in New Jersey) are well organized and have lots of members, so interview coverage is extensive (typically 100% in my region) and students often are offered interviews quickly. In places where there isn’t a strong alumni network, setting up interviews may take longer and some students may not get an interview. Even in places where alumni are plentiful, some students may not be offered interviews until mid-to-late February, in part because getting volunteers to do interviews takes time – we have jobs, families, other commitments. Some interviewers do a lot of interviews, and they can’t do them all at once.

All of which is to say – don’t stress out about whether you’ve been offered an interview (it typically counts far less than most other components of the application) or the timing of it. Do try to make the most of the opportunity, both to strengthen your profile and to learn more about the university. But don’t view an invitation for an interview as a window into your chances for admission.

2 Likes

No, but I live nearby.

Received an interview today. Submitted late December.

2 Likes

I had my interview on Jan 14th . It was over zoom and overall the interview was ok, it’s just that she seemed a bit distant and her responses were very neutral. I know they are trained to be like that, but its just that with the other 2 interviews I have had the interviewers always opened up and were very nice at the end. The interviewer also has not responded to the thank you email I have sent.
Is this a bad sign?

idk. i submitted jan 1, but i got nothing about an interview

Just got it today.

1 Like

When did you apply? My son hasn’t recd. his yet.

So I’ve heard from many ppl on here that Princeton interviewers don’t read the app beforehand or know anything other than the applicant’s name, school, and intended major. However, my daughter has a main EC that’s pretty unique, and the interview starts the conversation by saying “So tell me about insert EC here”. Do interviewers get a specific blurb about the applicant from Admissions or?

Would it show up if the name was googled?

1 Like

Hi, does anyone know the date when Regular decisions will be released? Thanks

March 30, 7pm EST.

1 Like

Thanks very much.

2 Likes

Before Thanksgiving

2 Likes