Upper division business courses

<p>DS has 61 total hours. He has registered for 300 level business courses for fall, but did not turn in his application to the upper division because he was waiting for his updated GPA. (One of the advisors told him not to worry about the form.) On Degree Works, in the section for Lower Division Requirements, is this message:</p>

<p>60 credits are required to be admitted to Upper Division. You currently have 58, you still need 2 more credits. </p>

<p>Apparently, his UH hours (3) are not counted toward the requirement because those are the only hours not on the lower division list. So here’s my question: Is he in any danger of being dropped from his 300 level classes this fall because he hasn’t completed lower division requirements?</p>

<p>We’ve read the catalog over and over and know it says 60 hours required for admission to upper division and for eligibility to take 300 level courses. It never occurred to either of us that UH hours would not be counted. Anyone experienced with this?</p>

<p>My D has more than the required 60 credits also and her Degree Works still says she only has 58 that count toward that 60 credit requirement. However, she got an e-mail today saying that her Upper Division application has been approved, so it’s apparently just a Degree Works glitch. I also know of one other student who applied to Upper Division and has more than 60 credits, and his Degree Works has 58 credits in that section as well. I wouldn’t worry about what Degree Works is showing, but if your S doesn’t get an e-mail about his acceptance, I’d probably have him call to confirm the application doesn’t need to be submitted.</p>

<p>ETA: And it’s not just UH credits that aren’t “counting” there; my D has a bunch of other credits that aren’t showing in that section as well - she has over 80 credits and it still shows 58.</p>

<p>I had the idea to mail in the upper division form to prevent a problem so I called student services at Bidgood to ask if I could do that. The woman that I spoke with (Casey) told me not to worry about the form or the hours listed under the lower division. She said that it’s the number of hours at the top that matter. Since that includes the hours for fall, I assume that she meant to subtract those hours. In DS’s case, 76 hrs. - 15 hrs. = 61 hrs. He should be good.</p>