Urgent: Purdue College of Engineering vs College of Technology

<p>My D applied to purdue in ECE. She got decision of admit (per website). Today she got a note from admissions office that several students intended to apply to College of Engineering, but applied to College of Technology. She apparently applied to College of Technology. They want to confirm is that is what she intended. If not, she has to change the application form and has to be reconsidered for admission. That is okay w/ her (reconsideration). </p>

<p>Question is: What is the difference between the two colleges at Purdue. Everywhere else, she is applying in College of Engineering. I believe Purdue is listed as one of the top 10 undergrad programs in ECE. Is it college of engg or college of technology. </p>

<p>Is the reputation of the two colleges the same. Are they at the same location?</p>

<p>I got the same email.</p>

<p>I definitely want to go to the college of engineering so I downloaded this:</p>

<p><a href="http://admissions.purdue.edu/documents/Request%20Changes%20to%20Application%20Form.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://admissions.purdue.edu/documents/Request%20Changes%20to%20Application%20Form.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>this is also in that e-mail:</p>

<p>"First-time college freshmen who want to apply for Engineering at Purdue should choose First-Year Engineering as their desired academic program."</p>

<p>so I put this as what I want to do: "First-Year engineering at College of Engineering"</p>

<p>hopefully that will help you out :)</p>

<p>This video is about the College of Technology. It provides some information on the difference between "engineering" and "engineering technology." </p>

<p>YouTube</a> - Purdue College of Technology</p>

<p>Thanks, Arsenal. </p>

<p>Thanks, Making. This is a very useful link on Engineering and Technology in geneal. Very interesting.</p>

<p>Engineering is harder than Technology.</p>

<p>from CoT to CoE? Or is it even possible?</p>

<p>It’s possible, just work hard and get into the CODO process ASAP. You need to get good grades and get admitted. You may be a semester or two behind though. Take FYE classes your first semester as a Tech student.</p>