URGENT! SAT Subject Test in UC Application

I took math level 2 and got a really bad score and I am planning to take it again in December. Do I have to report the score I did really bad on the UC app and include that I’m planning on taking it again in December or should I just don’t include the one I did really bad on at all and only say I’m planning on taking math level 2 in December? I took a Chinese subject and got a really good score, I just don’t know if I have to report my really bad math level 2 score or not. Like if I send my score to UCs, is the college board going to send all the scores of math level 2 to UCs or just the one I tell them to send. I heard College Board send all the test scores to UCs but I’m not sure if that includes sat subject tests too. I’m pretty sure I will send my December one

Do not self report the Math 2 subject test score and indicate you are taking it in December on the application. You can use score choice and select which Subject test scores to send but make sure you meet the December deadline.

@Gumbymom So should I report that I’m planning at all? Or just send it after I take it?

@gumbymom Oh and by the way, if I say I’m planning for the December ACT and Math level 2, do I HAVE to report it to UCs once I get my score??

If you list that you are planning to take the SAT Math 2 and ACT in December, then they will be expecting you to send the scores. If you decide not to send the December scores then you need to let admissions know. Do you have scores to report for SAT or ACT now? UC’s take the highest total score from a single sitting so if you have scores now, it is up to you do decide if you want to list them on the application.

Either way, you need all scores to be sent to meet the December deadline.

These are some recommendations when taking the December tests:
If you are still deciding whether to take the December test(s), keep in mind that ACT and College Board appear to experience frequent delays in reporting the scores, especially in recent years. In addition, many UCs start reviewing applications in mid-December (Berkeley starts in mid-November) and applicants who have indicated planned December tests are often held for later review in January.
How later review may affect your application is unclear. Therefore, would recommend the December test(s) if you are confident you can improve your score(s) significantly.

If you plan to take the December test(s), you should list ONE UC campus as a score recipient when you register for the test (your registration fee includes FOUR reports) so the score(s) will be sent with the December batch of scores (fastest processing).

For the ACT, you can update the score recipients by logging into your ACT Web Account. You have until Thursday noon, Central Time, immediately following the regularly scheduled Saturday test date to make the change. For the SAT, you can update the score recipients by logging into your College Board account. You have until nine days after test day to make the change.

@Gumbymom So if I don’t say that I’m planning to take the math level 2 and ACT in December on the UC app, can I still send it to them if I get a good score from it? And is it bad if they receive my score later but I didn’t say I was planning to take it on the UC APP? and Is this the same for AP tests?

Berkeley has already started reviewing apps? I assume those who submit tomorrow are not at a disadvantage?

@VickiSocal: No disadvantage to submitting later but since UCB likes to send out LOR requests as early as possible, they will start reviewing applications as they are submitted.

The only disadvantage I see year after year of submitting late near the deadline is that the computer servers may crash due to deluge of procrastinators all submitting at the same time.

@Pinkeydance: If you state on your application you are taking the December tests, then your application will be held for review until all scores are received and your application is complete. If you take the test anyways and not indicate you are taking the tests in December, there is no guarantee that the new scores will be considered in your application review.
You do not need to send AP test scores until you are admitted and enrolled.

@Gumbymom so does that put me in a disadvantaged position since by then they will already admitted students and they have less spots for me?

Thanks. She’s working all day today and working tomorrow night, it better get done before she goes to work tomorrow
LORs are all done so if she gets requests that will be easy.

@Gumbymom and if I don’t send the ones that I said I’m planning to take on the UC app, will it affect my chance??

UCB does early admits in February for high stat applicants. The rest of the UC decisions will be in March. If you wait until after the December testing to send scores, then your application will not reviewed as quickly and you could not get an LOR request which in many instances could help your chances for admission. No one will be admitted any earlier than February so even though they are reviewing applications, your application will still be reviewed before anyone is admitted.

If you do not send the scores you indicated you would take in December, then you would have to notify admissions so they could proceed with your application review without them.