US News 2023 Rankings

Pretty simple. If we look at the 2021-2022 CDS for Williams, the test score spread for the 25th to 75th percentile: EBRW 720/770; M740/790; ACT 33/35. 90% of matriculates who were ranked by their HS were in the top 10%. Harvard’s CDS 730/780; 750/800; 33/36; 93.1%. Seems like a pretty similarly qualified group of students who end up at these 2 schools. Don’t know how you can conclude that the “top kids are not gunning for LACs”.

7 Likes

I agree. And as great as Fouts was, Marino didn’t have nearly the receiver supporting cast that Fouts had: Winslow, Chandler, Joiner, and James Brooks and Chuck Muncie in the backfield. Poor Dan … Don Shula was never able to build a running game for him, nor a reliable defense. For a stretch of about 6 or 7 years he was as good or better a pure passer as the League has seen. That season in 1984 was other worldly when you consider the milestones he set, that he was a second year player and that, again, Miami didn’t have great players around him other than Dwight Stephenson.

3 Likes

My opinion is that your post is pretty compelling.

My opinion is the thread has run its course

3 Likes