USC Class of 2024 Applicants Thread

Sorry for the confusion. Looks like I looked at the last year’s postings and …

Seattle suburb, and of course mail came and no box, I really didn’t expect it this soon, if it’s meant to be we will find out on portal Sunday. But I’ve become OCD and refresh CC thread every minute. And I’m the parent. My D doesn’t even realize what’s happening this weekend with USC. Just finished all her finals. I need to stop drinking coffee and breath deep LOL

It’s okay, I’ve been refreshing CC too and i’ve even ventured into Reddit territory :slight_smile:

We’re in So Cal and received a box today!!! It is approx 9x12 so small enough to fit in a mailbox or slide through a door mail slot. I was watching Ring to see if anything was left on our doorstep but it was in our mailbox.

congrats???

Does it list the scholarship award you are a finalist for specifically? @CADREAMIN heard they might not specify but give a general invitation to interview.

Congrats, @lkg4answers!

Was it sent USPS Priority Mail? Did it have a tracking number?

Looks like so far no one reported receiving any advance inbound package information from USPS - but not everyone is signed up for that service (which predates Informed Delivery; I remember signing up for it years ago and I forgot what it was called; it may be part of Informed Delivery now).

@Ikg4answers if you feel comfortable can you share their stats and major?

It was sent Priority Mail without a tracking number. I did NOT receive an informed delivery notification for it.

Sorry, my kid will be at after school activities until late today so I won’t know the wording of the letter until later. I’m sure others will post details before then.

@PapaSmurft @Marcie123

wow so thats like a 2.75% acceptance rate…

That certainly makes is more fun:-)

@lkg4answers Thanks so much for the update and CONGRATS for your senior! Glad we at least know they’ve been sent out:)

oh wow @lkg4answers congratulations - so exciting!!!

I would think of it as an “invitation to interview for scholarships” rate, given that the 97.25% of the early applicants are technically still under consideration for admission. A tough stat, nevertheless.

@oaksinfog

so 1100 get interview invitations right? how many of the 1100 end up getting a scholarship?

Individual chances (both for admission and for invitation) may differ significantly from overall odds.

An average applicant’s stats are significantly below those of the enrolled students, which in turn are lower than those of the admitted students (and would probably be lower yet without the scholarships).

Nice of USC to post such detailed statistics in an easy to digest format:

https://admission.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/Freshman-Profile-2019.pdf

Congratulations, @lkg4answers !!

Odd that only one person has gotten theirs so far… I’m absolutely terrified

when will midwest get packages?

Check out the map with link on post 306, worst case check the portal on Sunday sometime