USC Class of 2024 Applicants Thread

wow that’s really late especially in comparison to other private schools. 2 others said packets most likely won’t be sent out due to the virus

I can’t be certain since I didn’t hear it directly from the office. Maybe he remembered the date wrong or maybe I misunderstood, which are totally possible. At least that’s what I remember him saying around 11 hours ago.

FYI, for the 3/28 date, I’m not too certain about it. He said Saturday instead of the date but I speculate it to be 3/28 because packages are sent earlier than portal updates.

Thank you, but I strongly suspect that information from your counselor is outdated. It seems there are people here who have the current connections, and they are giving us earlier dates.

@ElenaParent The way he said it sounded like it’s a recent information, but I do see that there are discrepancies among responses. We’ll see in a few days anyways!

@mom2jw @biochemmajor11 I personally think they requested it from me because of my parents’ businesses & the complexity of that situation… but we will see soon enough!

USC results are being released on March 21st!!!

Where did you get that information from? @Ultra39w85

my instincts–#trust me

Hahahaha how r u so sureee ?

when did the results came out last year?

Clearly I have too much time on my hands BUT I just checked the thread from last year for those that inquired about the financial aid email request. Last year, I saw where 7 people said they got the email requesting additional financial aid info. Of the seven that mentioned it, four of them were accepted, two didn’t have any more replies on the thread and one was rejected. Not sure if this sheds any light but it tells me it doesn’t mean anything if they ask for more financial info.

@mom2jw or is it a positive sign that the majority of them were accepted (at least 4/7), and that one rejection was unlucky) :slight_smile: anything to boost my morale right now

Just for those who are getting annoyed, we are high school students and parents anxiously waiting for a life changing decision in a very messed up and stressful time. It’s completely natural for people to ask the same questions because they aren’t going to go through 100+ comments to find the answer, and it is completely natural for people to find hope in small portal changes and emails. LET PEOPLE HAVE HOPE AND SATIATE THEIR ANXIETIES.

It’s so sad to see people getting upset, via online, just because other people are excited and scared of the future. Please keep that in mind instead of getting upset at online people for asking the same questions and making speculations.

Good luck to everyone, I’m terrified as well so let’s get through this unnatural senior year :heart:

@biochemmajor11 I thought those odds were pretty good too. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

@mom2jw if you have more time, can you do look up the financial aid notification things from 2018?

Financial aid is a big check list, they scan all the applicants and when something missing they contact you. It isn’t an indication either way, but I totally get how getting something from USC this late in the process would be encouraging. Best to stay neutral if possible however!

The 26th/28th is too late, that is not the info I am getting. They are done reveiwing, it is down to just getting the notification process set up.

I am hearing 21st or 23rd, but gosh, it could be change or be wrong - the situation is so fluid everywhere and changing every day. They have to balance putting out all this great news (for many) and not great news (for many) with what else is happening that particularly day in the world. It’s a weary news cycle and PR considerations in play. So they may plan to push the button, then realize timing not good, so just gotta wait it out.

@marcie123 and I both heard from different sources it was going to portal update and not sending packages, unless there are little elves locked away putting together packages in a place that no ones knows about!

Hang in all - I hope you get the great news you want!

I really hope they’re still able to send packages this year!! Can’t imagine missing out on that “mailbox moment” if I’m somehow accepted to my dream school :frowning:
Although I bet it would be a lot easier to cope with a USC rejection if the notifications are solely by email

The thing is, the financial aid thing was verification. Nothing was missing, and others didn’t fill out the form. Maybe that’s why I’m thinking it’s a positive sign or maybe it’s nothing like you said @CADREAMIN

So is it confirmed that the decisions will be online and not a physical package? Also, any idea of when the results would be coming out?