USC Class of 2024 Applicants Thread

anybody else nervous asf lol. usc used to be my dream school for years but i recently lost hope and started to shift my attention to other schools… but now im back and im scared

@VryCnfsd i think it was most definitely mentioned in a previous post, but I wouldn’t try to think about it now in order to avoid stress!

@atlbella everyone is so nervous! I mean I’m terrified since my major is extremely hard to get into and I wrote 10 essays in order to apply.

@CindyLeuWho you’re right. it’s just such a long wait!

@VryCnfsd what did you apply as?

When do the notifications for the merit scholarships come out?

@Ultra39w85 late January is when they have customarily come out - check out post #115 in this thread for detail from the experts.

Online it says you should know by feb. 1st.

I just got the email to submit my affirmation and to do so I have to log into the USC website/portal using my temp. pin. However, I never was emailed a pin and was wondering how to find it or if anybody else has had this problem?

There was no temporary pin sent to you in the email stating they have received your application? The email with the link for the portal should be the one with the temporary pin. I Personally didn’t receive any email about the affirmation (unless that’s the one asking for permission to audit you at any given time).

@CindyLeuWho that’s the weird part. They asked me to submit my affirmation using my portal but never emailed me my portal information to set it up. I checked through my email multiple times and nothing was there. Also, I’m a little new to this but you said you applied this year and didn’t have to “submit your affirmation”?

@schmendy27 I did. I forgot the signature stating that you understand their right to audit you was the affirmation document. I did have to sign it back in November or December.
Make sure you check your spam mail and all of your gmails for your pin. I received my pin in an email titled “USC has received your application.” If you can’t find it maybe think about calling the admissions office if you for certain can’t find your information (however they may ask for the pin number before you ask, so it might not help). Just tell them your name, when you applied, what major and your issue. I know it’s not really a great idea to contact the admission office and telling your name, but you’re going to have to if they are to find your information for you, so do this as a last resort.

This is my first year applying, so I am not an expert, but I have had to call or email almost every school due to some miscommunication on their website, slideroom issues, or missing information and I learned that it is best to get the problem solved as soon as possible rather than waiting for it to fix itself. Especially because I don’t think USC will consider applicants who do not sign the affirmation document.
Hope this helps.

Where is the audit document? Is it on the portal? because I received an email about setting up my portal but never about auditing or anything

edited since CC won’t let me delete comments: nvm i found it, i’ve signed it so ignore this lol

Based off of years prior, is there any chance that scholarship notifications could be sent this week?

They probably will start sending them in the mail late this week, or early next week.

It looks like they aren’t usually sent until around the 23rd or 24th.

@lkg4answers is right. Last year, @s0meUSCkid95 - a poster who works at the school and has posted in previous years - confirmed on 1/24 that the packages had been sent the day before, 1/23. Then people in LA area and some Orange County started receiving them on 1/24. Last year 1/23 was a Wednesday so maybe - IF they follow the same pattern this year - they will be mailed Weds 1/22 and start arriving in Socal Thurs 1/23.

I’m pretty sure in previous years the portals updated on Thursdays or Saturdays. So probably the 23 or 25 this year.

God that makes me want to throw up

That’s 11 days from now

What makes it so terrifying is that for most of us, we can’t afford USC unless we get a pretty sizable scholarship. Hearing back in January is a necessity for me at least, and if I got an acceptance package in March/April there’s no hope of me going to USC.