USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

It is not included in the 8,100. That’s just fall admits. I cannot be sure, but my guess regarding spring admits is a few hundred.

1 Like

Well they do not really request additional docs until they have reviewed your FAFSA and CSS profile. Have you already submitted both… and have they received both? Have you checked all the tabs… received docs and requested docs?

Got it, thank you!

At our son’s 2020 Spring Convocation, there were 310 Spring Admits (all schools included).

2 Likes

They received both, and I have no required docs

you’re welcome

That’s good to know. I’ll take anything even as a spring admit! Thank you!

2 Likes

Do you have to apply for Spring admit, or do they just assign to you?

From what I know, they just assign it to you. According to the USC website/articles, spring admits serve as their waitlist (but guaranteed admission) (USC doesn’t use a waitlist). It’ll say on your letter that you are admitted but for the spring semester.

2 Likes

You don’t apply for Spring Admission, the university will choose.

For those wondering, his SA experience was wonderful. The minor drawbacks (quick acclimation to campus, etc) fade away soon as you get into your schedule. Nobody cares, nor asks, if you’re a SA. He loved it and can’t wait to get back to campus.

7 Likes

What are the options for the Fall if you’re a Spring Admit? Does the school help formulate a plan or are you on your own until Spring? Just curious, thanks.

LOL, I was going to ask a bunch of questions about spring admit, and then realized 300 out of 70,000 plus means that I have less than a one half of one percent chance of being admitted to spring, so I decided to just wait.

I feel your pain though! This wait is horrible!

1 Like

Understood. Well, if they received both reports long ago, maybe they have already reached some conclusion related to eligibility for FA. Hopefully they request more later… as that would be a good sign. But I would not read anything into it regarding admission. They operate on separate paths.

Most do Community College for Fall, then show up in person in January. The 15 weeks goes by quickly. Many attend SMC, but we’re from TX so he couldn’t move til January. He attended a local CC, that USC has never received transcripts from, but the credits transferred without issue. There was some concern about housing, it’s guaranteed for SA but you’re subject to what’s available. He was very happy at Parkside.

The academic counselors were extremely helpful during the Fall. They made sure his credits transferred, his online student accounts were setup, SCA academic counselors were also helpful and made sure he felt like a Trojan.

2 Likes

Hopefully! I don’t qualify for much aid anyways, so maybe that’s why.

Haha! You are right! But technically 300 out 70,000 (minus the 7100 Fall Admit). :joy:

Thanks for the info, just in case the time/opportunity comes! What is SMC?

1 Like

Santa Monica College

1 Like

last year 9618 applicants were admitted. They represented 3703 high schools. (less than 100 schools per state, even geographic diversity may not help.)
On average less than 3 students per high school were admitted. (7000+ high schools had 0 represented)
Given that there were high school had sent 25 or 15 kids to USC (translate to 75 or 45 kids admitted) I don’t expect more than 2 students from our school will be accepted. Sometimes we first need to compete with the top 2 to 5 students within our school. It is cruel reality.

1 Like

Excellent point! Except if I am in the 8k admitted for the fall, I will probably care much less about spring admission! So I think my math probably stands. 300 out of over 70,000 apps make it very unlikely spring admission will be a relevant thing for me to worry about yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like