USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Yes! Positive thinking. I like it!

1 Like

“Decisions will be available on March 30 in the USC Applicant Portal. Students will receive an email when their decision is posted.”
https://admission.usc.edu/

5 Likes

Hey was wondering if anyone would answer my question(s). So I applied to USC as an IR major. Do you guys think that’s a pretty common major? Also do you think USC is selective about how many students they let in per major or how many students they let in per school within the entire university? Trying to gauge my chances of admittance based on how competitive my major is. lol Thanks in advance. Also “hello” if you saw me from the NYU chat!

2 Likes

Does anyone know what the acceptance rate for the Theatre BA is?

yea same question here!

That’s what I was wondering :sob:

I applied as an IR major too, someone reply to this comment !

^^^ Generally speaking, yes - you - as an applicant to USC - are competing with all of those who applied for the major(s) you selected. But, even if not a match for either your first or second choice major, it is also still possible to be admitted by USC Undeclared. Such was the case for my younger daughter.

Certain majors are much more competitive than the projected 11.6% admission rate for this cycle. For example, all of the SCA majors are so. Some admit only 1-2%. The same heightened competitiveness is true for business, engineering, computer science and for any and all BFA majors and especially for the performance majors.

Dornsife is on average considered less competitive overall, but with the overall admit rate projected to be right around 12%, that likely still means a percentage less than 16% or so for Dornsife majors.

These days, there is no easy path to USC admission. Over the years, many have tried to game the system by applying to a less popular major. While it may work at times, the applicant is likely better off applying for a program that they are truly passionate about. USC is after all looking for that passion and commitment to shine through within the overall application packet. And it is easier to convey a true affinity for and commitment toward USC by being inherently honest when applying.

I know that the admission decisions will not be announced for another seven days, but I would try and find some means to keep yourself distracted. Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime are all great options lol. There is no point in over-thinking anything now or trying to project an outcome based on anything garnered from CC at this stage. By this point, the decisions have likely already been made.

Good luck to all who have applied this cycle.

6 Likes

My D22 is looking at Price and Dornsife — any idea the admission rate for Price? Her application would support either choice.

Hey guys I know it’s early to ask this, but does anyone know any sites or pages that can be used to connect with other admitted UsC students to find roommates or friends before you get to campus? I know it’s early and I haven’t been admitted yet but I thought to ask before the chaos of acceptances and I don’t want to make anyone who didn’t get in feel bad by asking later. Thanks for all your help to far and I hope we all get in (for those of us who applied or have kids who applied this cycle)

2 Likes

I am not exactly sure, but I would suspect that Price is more competitive than Dornsife.

1 Like

Usually there are admitted students groups set up on Facebook and other social networking sites. Links are usually posted here fairly quickly after decision day.

good luck to you! sending good vibes!

2 Likes

thank you much! this was so clearly explained! I appreciate it!

1 Like

you’re welcome

IR is a popular major within Dornsife and is one of the most competitive. Great major.

Oh darn. I’m a pretty average student in comparison with other applicants and was hoping this major was a bit obscure to improve my chances. lol My mistake, I guess. Gonna stay positive and hope my personality shines through. Thank you for the information though!

Hey guys. I’ve heard that decisions might come out a little early - before April 1st. Has anyone heard about a specific date/time? My sisters’ class heard I think 2-3 days early (class of ‘23), so I was just wondering. Thanks!

The confirmed release date is the afternoon (PT) of 3/30. Good luck!

The good news is USC is more about fit than just stats. And let’s face it, everything is competitive at USC, so choosing the major that you feel you want and fits you can definitely shine through on the overall application package. Good luck, I wish you great news soon!

2 Likes