USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

you’re welcome too.

If it is within your received docs list within FAST, you are fine.

1 Like

Hey all, quick question. In the portal, when people press on the ‘display’ button next to ‘Application Affirmation and Notice of Potential Audit,’ does everyone have the phrase ‘Fall 2021 First Year’ below their name? Not trying to read into anything lol as decisions are just around the corner but wondering…

Yes I do

1 Like

Okay cool! Hopefully others will respond and we can gather more data! I also saw you on the UMich EA forum and your responses were always very useful!

Yeah that’s just saying what you applied for

Ah, that checks out haha. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello. Do applicants who did not apply for financial aid (international students) get USC ID, even though they are rejected? I drafted my appeal letter, and apparently I would have to accompany a cover sheet with my name, USC ID, high school name, etc.

Something I’ve been wondering since I applied, do you think you are given preference if you intend to do ROTC? At the very end of the Common App, it asked if I intended to do ROTC and I checked yes. Does that mean they send your application over to the ROTC detachment and they have a say in your admission as well?

That sounds fine to me. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty sure everyone gets a USC ID number when applying to the school. Not much of something to read into.

1 Like

Does anyone know how likely it is to receive an alternate major. I applied to Marshall but my alternate major is Communications and considering how competitive business is I’m wondering if I should have just applied to Communications as my main major.

Pretty common if the first school doesn’t admit you but the second one does. This kinda all just comes down to if the material in your application present you as being able to succeed in your secondary major of choice more (from what I’m aware of).

(Also, I’m in the same boat with Marshall/Annenberg (Journalism)! Hopefully I’ll see you there :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

My D portal used to have a picture of the admissions office, and now it is gone. Does anyone have the picture of their AO’s on their portals?

If you’re referring to the big banner image that says “USC Applicant Portal”, then yes I still have mine in my portal.

No. She used to have a picture of her AO underneath the building picture!

I know we never had a picture of our AO on that page. We had to physically go looking for her.

1 Like

Oh! That’s odd, seeing as I’ve never had that. I guess just a design choice :man_shrugging: . The closest thing I have to that is when I go to my “Discover USC” page and it’ll tell me who my counselor is. (or the link on the portal to tell you how to meet them).

1 Like

Hmmm. She has the link to find AO, but she doesn’t have a Discover USC page on portal!

1 Like

“Discover USC” is just a page for information. You’ll typically get a personalized page after going to an informational session (since it’ll request you to fill out your academic interests among other things).

This page isn’t much of a big deal.