USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

In the source code. No need to panic. It doesn’t mean anything

3 Likes

Is the school of pharmacy very competitive?

Yes, but that’s just a part of the review process in general. You’re competing with the entire applicant pool and if someone else from your school is applying to the same major as you, you’d be competing with them.

1 Like

No idea, but since it’s a medical-based school I’d assume it’s somewhat competitive.

1 Like

Also to everyone, digging through the source code won’t yield much of anything. For the most part, elements are just sitting there hidden and likely are there for everyone. No point searching for an answer we’re going to hear in 6 days.

We’ll all be fine. :v:

1 Like

LMAO!!! How did you know what I was doing just now!!! :rofl:

1 Like

LOL. It’s about that time of decisions where people get frantic and look for anything. I can’t say I’m not anxious as well but searching for an answer constantly will keep my nervous. Truth-be-told, most my anxiety goes away when I’m answering questions here.

I’m no Web Dev expert, but from my knowledge of other schools and how their backend works (and most schools use the same backend), students are first put into separate buckets and then status updates are locked in (typically the day of or day before to avoid pulling the trigger too early).

We’re not going to see anything in the source code because likely, we’re all in piles right now without an official status update.

But as I like to say, this is mostly an educated guess if anything.

1 Like

I strong suspect the admitted message is just a global element preset for everyone and is dormant until USC decides to upload a decision.

3 Likes

Ironically, I think it’s just leftover code from when they took the top navbar since the main website has the same bar at the top as well. Maybe it’s hidden and will come back :man_shrugging: 6 days and we’ll all find out!

Hm I’m not sure. All I know is searching through the code is useless since I saw people doing this across the UCs and it wasn’t helpful at all

1 Like

How many applicants is usc accepting this year? Not including the scholarship finalist?

7,000~ students will be admitted on March 30th. With the total number of Fall admits being around 8,100~ students.

1 Like

wait what? so where do
the other 1100 acceptances come from?

Merit Scholarship Admissions that happened in Mid-February. That was around 1,000~ students.

yes

Does anyone not have the “Commit to Enroll” in their page’s source code?

“Commit to Enroll” is likely a reference to this:

regardless, when you click on it all it does is take you to your portal status page.

I’m still maintaining the idea that it’s just leftover code.

Those codes are usually in hidden mode and become visible as you navigate through different pages, or your status changes.

All the “Commit to Enroll” text does is direct you to your youSC page to likely log in and finalize admission with.
Code below:
<a target="_blank" href="https://you.usc.edu/login/" class="cr">Commit to Enroll</a>

This is largely nothing special. The youSC page (if you decide to create an account is largely nothing with barely anything on it)

The page in it of itself is determined by your admission status overall. I.e. if you’re admitted, you’ll see something else.

Why am I unable to see or access some services within youSC?
The services displayed within youSC are determined by your admission or enrollment status with the Offices of Admission and Financial Aid. Additionally, some services may be available only during particular times of the year. If you feel your status needs to be reviewed or updated, please call us at (213) 740-1111.

Source: FAQ

Please let’s not go digging around through code. Let’s not forget what happened to those Harvard applicants. We can wait 6 more days everyone.

“This behavior is unethical, at best – a serious breach of trust that cannot be countered by rationalization. Any applicant found to have done so will not be admitted to this school.”

Dean of Harvard Business Kim Clark

1 Like

Woah, that’s pretty crazy. I’m alright with stressing a few more days. Maybe crying at the end of it as well haha

1 Like