USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

You can now add a final year transcript on the USC portal in the Upload Materials dropdown thing.

4 Likes

Ohhhh I see I see

what time does usc typically announce? is it the standard 5pm pst or does it vary?

I thought they only would take counselor submitted mid year reports? Through the common app? Or is this something students can submit and be taken? Thx

By this weekend you mean by Jan 31st, or Feb 7th??

i think the “final year transcript” (that just got put on the portal) is for students who graduated a semester early. if you graduated early, then you would upload a final year transcript. if you’re graduating normally, then your counselor would send in a midyear report.

1 Like

i would probably guess feb 7 since usc said expected decision date is mid-feb

Yeah, makes sense

Does anyone know that after how long last year did the result come out after the final transcript option came up??

do we think there’s any chance for tomorrow, or are we definitely thinking next sunday?

The chances are pretty bleak, but anything is possible.

if that’s true, someone must have received a package yesterday or today, provided that UCS plans to send this year.

Most likely not tomorrow

i dont think USC is sending packages this year. but if they are, u are definitely right, people in the LA area would’ve definitely received packages by now if the notification was supposed to come tomorrow.

4 Likes

yeah, I don’t think they are sending packages because the admissions officers are still working remotely. so might be tomorrow???

1 Like

must the package sent from Los Angeles? With today’s technology, it can be sent from any distribution center of Walmart, Amazon or Costco. j/k

1 Like

My USC admission’s officer told me in December that we will likely not be receiving the traditional packages in the mail during the scholarship notification round. Guess we just need to keep our eyes peeled for any update via email/applicant portal.

2 Likes

The wording on everything also sorta makes it sounds like packages aren’t happening this year

if there is no package to mail, there is no point to expect email sent merely on Sunday, can be any weekday.

I would assume it’s so students don’t get their hopes up for receiving a package and then not getting anything. Since there hasn’t been a formal communication on it I wouldn’t swing either way for now.

1 Like

It’s not about distribution of the packages, it’s that the packages are assembled at USC by hand - there are several pieces to consolidate into a folder within a box and a couple individually custom pieces (certificate, letter, etc) , so if working remotely (which most still are), it could be assumed that them sending boxes are slim. They had committed to getting last year’s freshman their boxes in January, so I was hopeful they would assemble last year’s admits and new scholarhip packages at same time. Maybe they were just being optimistic in their plans with that announcement and weren’t able to meet either goal, as @catransplant confirmed they haven’t received their package from last spring yet (and it’s the last day of January). Dag, I loved watching mine get their boxes and was hoping you guys could experience that. But at this point, I am sure you would just love a simple email update!

It should be very soon. :smiley: :v:

4 Likes