USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Also, I’ve seen last year’s freshmen getting a package with goodies such as masks, pens, and a charging bank. I believe this was organized by their residential college and not the admission team since on the mask was their residential college. This could be what they meant by the boxes they were getting in January. So I think those admitted this year are only getting an email, no box:( Since the admissions team is still working remotely. However, a lot of the other colleges have been able to send acceptance packages in the mail. They are not as grand as USC but still.

Does USC announce in advance the exact date and time of their decisions, or we just keep on refreshing our portals like we did for UMich??

1 Like

Hi everyone! So, in the USC website there is a file called Scholarships (For academic year 2021–2022), and this is what is stated there: “By February, the Office of Undergraduate Admission will notify candidates chosen to move forward in the scholarship process about the next steps.”. So… does this means that we will be notified today or in a few days? since February is tomorrow…

Oh shooot they all do say by February maybe it is today

On Twitter saying mid feb
https://twitter.com/uscadmission/status/1354494253586542593?s=21

Maybe they said Mid-Feb just to be safe. Usually what time do they release notifications??

2 Likes

So are they going to release it today?

Plus, do anyone think that when we get scholarship decision, we will also be noticed of whether we get in(e.g., not getting a scholarship but get in)… or are there any signs?

I think there are only 2 “kinds of decisions”:

1. Congratulations you are accepted and are selected to participate in a scholarship interview
  2. Sorry, you are not selected for a scholarship, you will be notified about your application decision before April
4 Likes

if you are considered for a scholarship interview, you’re automatically admitted.

I think that you are correct on this!

I would love to hear back today, but I just know that is a slight chance. The reason the scholarship page says “By February” is because it hasn’t been updated this year. However, I have heard people say that they will release on the 10th/11th. I am doubtful that they would wait that long, they seem to be wrapping up the process so most likely decisions will be out next weekend. (Feb 6th-8th)

3 Likes

yup i would think no later than feb 6-8 because of the “final year transcript” update on the portal. the notifications are definitely coming soon!

how soon after the scholarship interview do students find out whether they got the scholarship or not? do students only find out about scholarship results before April?

end of March/early April. Around the same time RD comes out for everyone else

1 Like

Last year they found out on March 27.

2 Likes

I thought that scholarship students would be notified by late january early feb?

Scholarships are given to RD students also.

right but im talking about the notifications from the december 1st deadline situation. I applied before that deadline. i guess what i am asking is when i will receive my decision or deferral or whatever. (deferral meaning not getting a scholarship/interview and getting rolled over)

USC has posted that it should be by mid February this year.

1 Like