USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Might I remind members of the forum rules: “Our forum is expected to be a friendly and welcoming place.”
https://www.collegeconfidential.com/policies/rules

Let’s support each other instead of throwing shade and creating fake posts. This time of year is stressful enough as it is.

Let me also say that the system locks threads that have generated excessive flags and this thread is dangerously close. Don’t mess it up for other applicants.

7 Likes

They tweeted that emails will be sent out when decisions are posted and they plan to send those emails in the late afternoon. Maybe they will send all the emails at once at the end of the day but plan to update the portals by region throughout the day?

4 Likes

to clarify i know this may have been answered before but USC compares by school that u applied to right? So ur going up against those who applied for the same school/major as you and not every single applicant that applied. Say the school of pharmacy had 10k applicants i would only be compared to them and not the other 60k applicants that applied. Is this true?

That’s low-key smart

They also tweeted to consider who is with you when you check, and to not disrupt school. Sign that portals might be updated earlier than we thought?

5 Likes

We are likely 100 minutes or so away from the first postings of official results. My advice… for what it is worth… is to take it all in stride. If the #s sent out by USC in February are correct, circa 63K applicants will get rejected today. That’s a staggering #. It is also not a true reflection about the worthiness or viability of any of those applicants.

Tens of thousands of applicants are likely worthy of admission to USC. But, USC had a monumental task. They can only field a new freshman class of around 3K. To secure such, they calculated that they could only admit 8100 out of around 72K. That’s a crazy difficult proposition. To do so, they are balancing a ton of factors and trying their best to generate a well-rounded and highly diverse freshman class. In that process, around 90% of even all USC legacy applicants will have to be disappointed today.

So do not let a rejection get you down. There are many great colleges and universities out there. Simply find the best available option and then set forth to slay dragons and conquer the world elsewhere. If USC still remains your dream school, even after a rejection, then transferring in remains an option. So does sending in an appeal. But your alma mater will not ultimately define you. Your path to greatness can take as many routes as you deem necessary.

Good Luck…

12 Likes

Any updates on whether the performance majors (Thornton, Kaufman, SDA, etc) will hear today? I know in years past, they often don’t hear until about 2 weeks after the RD announcement.

That’s absolutely wrong. My son is at UChicago and loves it. He’s a very social athletic kid, recruited athlete. He wanted to go to USC initially given his sport, but the athletes there in his sport were literally world class/record holders.

He chose a mid sized academic institution instead. He had his choice of D3 schools and could have gone Ivy. (Not Penn Wharton though which would have been his first choice I think, as they didn’t have a recruiting slot )

He would have been happy at either one, but UChicago had better career outcomes. Their economics with business concentration degree is basically a Wharton undergrad program but taught at the top 3 ranked booth school. That was what convinced him.

1 Like

Seriously for SDA?!? omgeeee tough not even knowing if anyone is receiving any scholarships as they seem to be on a different schedule due to auditions/interviews etc?

2 Likes

I agree. My brother goes to UChicago and loves it. I’m sure he would have loved USC too.

I am a Thornton applicant and I emailed my admissions counselor back in February to ask when I’d hear back and he said Thornton will release by April 1st

2 Likes

You find your tribe. Even with covid he has a group now of friends. At USC he wouldn’t even be on campus. They love going in to Chicago today, which is quite convenient.

UChicago is now the number one destination for the top college prep and boarding schools. It is not “where fun goes to die,”

My daughter got in RD this year. They sent quite the box, with shirt, hat, decals, pen, and a fabric yard banner with stake. Plus some smaller items.

thanks, we won’t be disappointed. This is life.

they sent me one at 4:45am on friday morning shortly after they finally waived my ncp css profile, lol. i was like “aren’t decisions on tuesday? this is cutting it close.” but i think since finaid is worked out a few days after you’ve been offerred admission, that it won’t affect the decisions outcome that they’re just now asking for it, especially since usc emphasizes that it’s need blind.

why is the post in slow mode? can we change it? It’s gonna suck when decisions come out and we have to wait 15 mins before finding out :frowning:

Thread is moving to fast/getting flagged so I think we were put in slow mode.

2 Likes

What’s slow mode?

It’s an anti-spam measure. I saw the Berkeley thread get placed in slowmode b/c all of the portal talk had people spamming the thread.

But how do you know we are in slow mode?

1 Like

same, lol. my mom and i got into an arguement because i couldn’t do the last verification bit of the fafsa without her. she firmly thought i could do it myself even though they literally needed her ssn and her signature :joy:

3 Likes