USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

if cost isn’t an issue, go to UCLA they are really good for pre-med!!

1 Like

i did too and i visited a few weeks ago and the campus is literally so gorgeous oml it’s moved up to the top of my list even tho my major is trash

Oh gosh. My stats are nowhere near anything like that. I go to a low income school, so my APs aren’t close the number others have done. I tried my best to be president of as many schools and do as much community work, but ultimately hoping my personal statement makes an impression.

Live in Texas, but from California. I’d pick UCLA in a heartbeat. Both great schools. Have you experienced the weather in Texas? Horrific.

1 Like

Hahaha I have lived in Texas for basically my whole life and the weather has like major mood swings!

1 Like

Since they’re both amazing schools I think you should consider their location, atmosphere… in general not about the rankings but more about the why? like do you want to live in California or Texas? Because that’s a big thing - both are great options so just make sure to consider “fit” as a main factor

1 Like

yeah!

Imagine not having to deal with the mood swings? Heaven! I miss the weather in CA so much!

1 Like

Istg every email I get scares the ■■■■ out of me

5 Likes

UCLA is very competitive for pre medicine and quite expensive if you’re OOS

1 Like

yeah don’t worry I definitely don’t have any incredible claims either but they always take into consideration where you are coming from! I used to go to a pretty low income school and they like take that into account when looking at ur APs and stuff, or at least some school definitely do, like if you did the best given ur options!

Any expected time?

For Pre-Med, you should be really sure that you want to spend a whopping 240K grand for just undergrad. In state UT, will only cost you 120K so I would say go for that. Considering you then have to pay another 200K for med school which will put you in a lot of debt. That being said, UCLA is the overall better school since its smaller, has better general education overall, ranked higher, greater prestige, etc.

1 Like

If I do not get into USC for undergrad theyll most certainly see me there for my masters babyyyyy

7 Likes

Don’t worry! Colleges compare you with students from your school and try to make a decision based on what types of classes your school offers. You won’t be at a penalty if your school offers less AP classes as long as u do your best.

haha I got so mad when NYU rejected me I am still salty I don’t even want them for grad school. That might change but right now im so salty

1 Like

Me too! What’s your top pick for undergrad right now? What do you want to study for your masters?

my stats are pretty average (3.7 unweighted, 4.4 weighted, 8 APs) but my callback was well received so it’s really 50/50 for my chances. i gave usc what i had the capacity to give and what is meant to be will be.

yes exactly, they can only compare you to the chances you had available

I’m sorry but those are not average stats lmao

2 Likes