USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

USC website says mid-February. Most likely, they will release next weekend.

1 Like

Just to add, I don’t think mid-February really means anything specific. I applied to Chapman University for film production EA and was told my major would hear back mid-February. I was actually notified of my acceptance last Monday, February 1st. I discovered that last year decisions went out on a Friday and this year it was a weekday. And it was definitely not mid-February. I was very shocked to suddenly get the email that my portal was updated! I think everything is out of whack for schools this year so it’s a little unpredictable :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does anyone have any estimates of how many people might have applied for the December 1st deadline? My grades really aren’t up to the standard so I know I wont be receiving any offers lol so just waiting for the April decisions ;-;

If decisions come out today, what time should we expect them??

I have been trying to find out. I could speculate with 60,000 applications last year they could see a 15% or even 30% jump. UC schools are up 18% in the early rounds. USC is probably showing a similar increase. I just read this morning NYU topped 100,000 applications this year.

wow its gonna be so competitive. best of luck to you if u applied :smile:

1 Like

Do they publish each school’s acceptance rate? I’d love to know the apply/admit/ enroll rate for each.

I have never seen a definitive list published. I have mainly just heard the highly competitive #s published for SCA - the School of Cinematic Arts - repeated a few times online.

Certain Schools within USC, like SCA, Thornton, Kaufman and Marshall, are much more competitive than the overall USC admission rate. And within those Schools, certain majors… like Writing for Film/TV (1-2%) and Production (2-4%) within SCA, are even more so. While Dornsife’s, because of its size and scope, is less so (maybe more in the range of 12-14%).

I hope someone here will let us know when the portal is updated…I keep checking my daughters every hour! The suspense is killing me slowly! Haha

Page 5

1 Like

I’m sorry for being so clueless, but which decisions are expected to release soon? I applied for WBB in the December 1st deadline, is that supposed to come out this week? Or in April?

My guess is that it won’t be until later this evening around 5:00 based on past year portal updates. We might be in for a long day…

last year was it 5:00 pm PST or EST

No, actually, portals started updating in the morning PST and went in waves. But that doesn’t mean it will happen today, or the same way.

When you ay checking the portal, is that a school specific portal?

Maybe this is just me but I think it’s unlikely that they would release decisions in the middle of the super bowl.

4 Likes

Next Sunday is Valentines day??

1 Like

what is it updating for?

All: this is a weird and different year. I doubt the portals will update today, bc of Super Bowl, as someone else stated earlier. This is probably why USC has specifically stated the updates will be on the 10th/11th. Enjoy your Sunday!

1 Like

just a theory but it seems a little weird that their office will be closed on Thursday, Feb 11th, 10:30-1:30 pm. Do you think that this is when they are probably going to release and anticipate a high call volume of students/parents during the waves they release decisions? Again, JUST A THEORY/GUESS.

6 Likes