USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

That sounds like a good theory.

I have down 2/10 and 2/11 also. Not sure where I saw this. Is there some reason we don’t think it is 2/10-11 any longer?

No, people are just hoping it might be earlier.

normally, they release on Sundays. But this is not a normal year…

2 Likes

Ya today’s window seems closed, it typically would have happened early. I didn’t see the post that they would be out on the 10th or 11th - but someone said that was posted somewhere (versus mid Feb), so maybe they are sticking with it. Not a bad theory @DTXNNN ! It’s all a big guess this year.

What a long strange trip it has been. :upside_down_face: :grin: :v:

Hang in there all, the excitement and angst of anticipation is the one thing that isn’t different - it is just part of the college admissions process. Checking the portals every 5 minutes is completely normal behavior both now and in March!

2 Likes

Frankly not a bad theory, but it’s only a 3-hour long gap of where the office is closed. If they wanted to avoid a swarm of calls wouldn’t they go for longer? I dunno, it’s all up in the air right about now. All we can do is wait

BFA Acting posted that they will email us today regarding auditions.

Why swarm of calls?
it is simply telling few 100s that they are considered and the rest to keep waiting. Who would need to call?

Disappointed students, parents, etc. sometimes can/will call schools when denied.

there is no one being denied to admission. Not invited to scholarship is not a denial :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whoops, I used the wrong word. But my point still stands, that students and parents will call the office to try to understand why they didn’t get a scholarship or for whatever reason. Most people are assuming that since there’s a decision going out, that there will be a lot of questions especially from those not getting admitted right now leading to people calling the office.

2 Likes

Has anyone submitted a noncustodial third party letter to USC yet for financial aid? If so, has yours been approved, denied, or are you still awaiting for an answer?

also since they apparently come out in waves, students might call if they don’t have a status update but someone on cc or their friend got the decisions.

It’s the 10th and 11th, this is confirmed, enjoy the big game!

2 Likes

Not necessarily, some programs like Glorya Kaufman state that none of their applicants will hear early. My DD applied for dance and doesn’t expect to get in, but also applied to Dornslife for Psychology, where she is a much stronger candidate. Not expecting to hear anything.

How is it confirmed

@user_489655 Yes, my son submitted non-custodial paperwork. It’s been sitting in his portal as “non-completed” status for months. He called the financial aid department multiple times and they continue to tell him to just be patient and they will process it when they get to it. They assured him it will have no impact to any scholarship decisions.

Ours set there for 2 months like that after the non-custodial paperwork was submitted in October. Finally, in January the portal changed to processing. They told my DD the same thing. We had to submit additional paperwork in December where they wanted us to separate our kid’s 529s. That updated immediately in the portal, but the non-custodial sat “not Submitted” for an additional month.

where did you see that its the 10th and 11th??

1 Like

It was on their instagram story recently.

2 Likes

when did they say this?