USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

2 pm here in california, thinking they’re gonna release at 5 pm like UCLA has done so their office will be closed to calls

3 Likes

Get off the forum take a nap it will go so much faster

I love how my last decision is taking even longer.

2 Likes

They’re just trying to lighten the situation about walking and releasing and so on…
It’s clearly nothing else.

1 Like

Torture. Good luck to everyone and know you will end up to be exactly where you are meant to be.

1 Like

I heard that it will be between 4 and 5:)

1 Like

@Caliboundboi @wdf2402 I was joking. I mean I lost my little hope after seeing the dean’s blog :laughing: We have to weigh the options we have now. Actually, I am pretty happy with those options though, hard to pick.

2 Likes

Can anyone tells me what this means?

1 Like

We’re in slow-mode.

2 Likes

This may have already been said, but as I recall they started rolling out decisions in the afternoon last year. I want to say it was like around 3 or 4 pm here in Texas when my D got hers. I just remember that I was on the golf course and my D called me and made me open the portal because she was too anxious to do it. Thankfully it was good news and we partied that evening when I got home! A great memory, for sure, but the waiting was so hard, so I feel for all of you going through it this year. Best of luck to everyone! Fight On future Trojans!

6 Likes

Acceptance rate falls to 12%. Idk why they are admitting fewer students compared to last year (8.8k vs 9.6k) when everyone applied to way more schools this year and yield rate is expected to be down.

1 Like

maybe because they have students admitted last year that took a gap year?

10 Likes

@skieurope Is something up for slow mode?

And maybe 2020 had a lot of spring admittance as well as gap years?

I expect them to give out a good chunk of spring admits

3 Likes

I am temporarily slowing down the postings as a result of a poorly thought out joke post

9 Likes

Parent of two NMFs, good stats and lots of band related ECs. Both rejected back in class of '22 cycle. I was very bitter (a waste of emotional energy). A note to the majority of you who will be disappointed, the world will not end if you are rejected by USC. Trust me. My boys are doing great and very happy in their respective schools. College is what you make of it. With rare exceptions, the “brand” on your degree only helps with the first job, if then. The most important aspect is your degree. After that, it is all about what you have done in the real world that will be a better predictor of future success. Prayers to all. Hang in there.

18 Likes

i’ll be back at 6pm est to update everyone and wait out the slow mode, peace :slight_smile:

lol where’s the joke post

https://admissionblog.usc.edu/2021/03/30/from-the-dean-of-admission-2021-2022-first-year-application-process-outcome/