USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

If you search this thread there is a mention of it.

thanks!!

Curious here,

I got an email on January 25th to me, telling me about the Norman Topping Student Aid Scholarship and inviting me to apply. Did anyone else get this email back then? I just noticed it (and I’m working on it as well LOL). I’m aware that the scholarship is pretty public but I haven’t seen anything about the invite email.

Yes, they mass send that email invite every year to the demographic group that scholarship targets. Sometimes it is sent to those that don’t fit the profile exactly but the website clearly states who priority is given to.

Post edit…Apply to any USC scholarships that may fit you…there is money to be had there. Check the USC scholarship list for all the departmental and organizational scholarships. Deadlines may even be after acceptance or before… they vary - so watch the details.

1 Like

Gotcha, thank you!

I know there has been lots of talk about the 10/11th, however is there any chance scholarship decisions will be release before, like today for example?

No, they wouldn’t randomly release it early if there was a confirmed date

What happens on the 10th/11th? Do they call, send out an email, post on portal?

I mean - to my understanding - the whole 10/11 thing was what someone heard at a USC info zoom meeting. However, USC never sent an email confirming this, so I still think everything is up in the air :slight_smile:

1 Like

When decisions are released, there will be an update posted on your applicant portal. I think normally they send an email out the day of letting you know to keep a look out for it, but I’m not sure.

10/11th was on the USC Admissions Instagram story at one point. Since then, they have said “mid Feb”.

Oh, really? Okay, then!

according to last year’s threads it looks like there wasn’t an applicant portal update instead the school emailed results and stated it directly in the email. Don’t know for sure, but that’s just what I gathered from last year’s email.

1 Like
  • last year’s thread

Interesting! That makes sense because in their insta story a couple days ago they highlighted the “via email” portion of the message.

There was a portal update last year, at least for those who were accepted and got scholarship interviews. I can’t recall if those who did not get the early acceptance got a portal update in addition to the email, but it’s possible. So, at any rate, there were both portal updates and emails.

1 Like

I will continue to secretly hope it’s today, however, it’ll likely go the same way it’s been for the past two weeks lol.

1 Like

if they were to be released today or some time soon, what time do they usually drop the email, and is it at the same time or in waves?

If you are not selected for a “signature” merit scholarship this month, does that mean you will not receive ANY merit money, if accepted in March?

There are still other scholarships (i.e. the Leadership Scholarship for example) that can be given to students in the Spring.

So short answer: no, students still can get merit awards

1 Like