USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

1/4 tuition Dean’s scholarship, $10,000 leadership maybe

1 Like

Hey! I was under the impression that there were no extra applications needed for the Merit scholarships if I applied before Dec. 1. Is that true?
I applied as a QuestBridge Finalist but did not get matched, so I technically applied before Nov. 1, that counts right?

According to this Are QuestBridge applicants considered for merit scholarships in the regular decision process? (usc.edu) you are and it counts!

2 Likes

Awesome! And just in case I missed anything, we’re all still waiting for an update, and it sounds like it might come out on the 10th or 11th?

That’s what it seems. We’re all just waiting around for it. There was something about the 10th and 11th but only time will tell.

Alright cool, I guess I’m all caught up then!

1 Like

You are correct. I am not sure if USC is sending the boxes out or not this year. My daughter received the box days later than many others and we live relatively close in Northern California. I think some student received boxes on Friday and Saturday. When my daughter’s box finally came on Monday it had a Jan 23 date on the acceptance letter. She found out she was accepted by an e-mail on Saturday, Jan 25th prior to receiving the box. In case they do send out boxes just be a bit patient.

There is nothing additional needed on the application for merit scholarships. Last year (pre Covid) USC had four on campus “Explore USC” events. The event my daughter attended has 230 students which they said was the largest of the four interview events. They announced that about 60% of the students attending these events would receive the Trustee or Presidential scholarship.

Good luck to everyone.

2 Likes

@filmperson Glad to hear about other QB students applying to SCA! My son didn’t match either, but got in as a Spring Admit (into SCA for CAMS). His year (2020) they only matched 5 for the entire university, so don’t let that discourage you. The QB distinction still helps you to stand out among the general applicant pool. Good luck to you!

2 Likes

I’m really glad to hear that! Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Last year for us (LA County), the white package arrived on January 24 and an email notification that the portal was updated was received on January 25 just after 9 am.

1 Like

well…another day done with no notification. The wait is excruciating hahaha, hopefully it will be Wednesday rather than Thursday though

1 Like

Can you share if the merit scholarship for the upcoming announcements require more essays or just interview?

With an acceptance… unless some serious merit aid comes along with it Lord knows how to pay for this school : ( Kinda stuck in the middle… can not afford to pay - earn too much to get aid (only last 2 years dual income family). Wish I knew what I know now 4 years ago!

3 Likes

@MommaLue Just interviews.

1 Like

Isn’t it a 100% needs met University? I thought that they give pretty generous financial aid packages given they are a QB partner

Last year the merit scholarship was an open house and interview. There were no additional essays.

Question: for the merit scholarship decisions that come out next week, are they based in any part on need? I didn’t apply for financial aid so I just want to determine whether there is any or 0 chance that I would hear. Thanks.

I am pretty sure need is not a factor on Merit Scholarships. If your stats are high enough, ECs good enough, essays gripping, and you overall are a good fit for admission, you stand as good a chance as anyone else for the scholarships.

Are there any early scholarships for people who aren’t national merit?

Pretty much all of them are. There’s dozens of others for students that arent NMS.

USC-Scholarships.pdf

1 Like