USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

if they all came out, i didn’t receive one ://

Do you have personal experience with northeastern?

We are planning to visit USC this Friday. Any suggestions/recommendations on touring the campus? Also, where is the best place to park?

Park at usc village. You can get parking validation at target. Work across the street to main campus.

1 Like

hey! does anyone know when we receive our usc email? i wanted to get a head start on applying to housing since i have a special interest housing that i want to apply for and the portal requires our email to login.

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

USC Marshall just sent me an email! They might be sending them right now

1 Like

were scholarships released??

I think some people got them earlier today, but I’m not sure if all were released.

Housing hasn’t opened to apply yet, and just fyi, if special interest, it is unlikely an issue to get into it. You should get email in next 24-48 hours.

1 Like

I PM’d you. There use to be a min amount of posts a user had to have to start a PM, that may still apply. You should have a little number 1 abover your user name on right hand top of page. If you click it that is my PM chain started with you…

D received Presidential. Waiting to determine if we are eligible for institutional aid based on 2020 tax return and Expected 2021 Income Declaration Form. D desperately wants to become a Trojan.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if scholarships are offered to SDA Freshman?
I know the big ones everyone is receiving news about now exists… however when those early notifications came out in Feb the School of Dramatic Arts was not yet done with interviews and auditions.

2 Likes

Also got the Welcome to Marshall email. Has anyone in Marshall received a Deans Scholarship?

My friend did! Did all merit scholarship results release?

1 Like

Midwestmum- yes, My kids have multiple friends who go to Northeastern. The consensus is that the teaching quality is not great. Lots of professionals who also teach. it’s almost like a glorified trade school, not an intellectual place, per se. I took the tour and info session myself 2 years ago, and there is the definite sense that it is big business. Now you can say that about most (all?) universities, but I toured 26 with my 2 kids- many urban, too- and Northeastern stood out for me as being particularly corporate in feeling and attitude in comparison to other top 50 schools. The campus is lots of cold scattered buildings (though very clean), with not much of a collegial feel and much more of a rushed, urban- I’m going to work and then getting the heck out of here- feel. However some people don’t care about that. The big draw at Northeastern is the co-op system. (And also Boston, if you like cold, grey cities!) If I remember correctly, The typical degree takes 5 years but I think 2 semesters the kids intern (paid). So they graduate with experience, definitely the best idea Northeastern has had. They are known for that program and it is very successful. However it also adds to the less than collegial experience, because adding study abroad to the mix of internships, every semester lots of kids leave and get shuffled, so I’ve been told it’s hard to keep track of friends, so long-lasting relationships are harder to come by and have to be worked at much harder than usual. I also believe we were told that the housing changes every semester as well, which seemed like a serious drag. Of course you can always get an apartment to get around that. Anyhow, just my opinion, but I’m v.glad my DS didn’t want to attend and chose USC instead.

2 Likes

I was asked for a copy of my 2019 1040 Tax Form last Friday before receiving an offer of admission to the School of Dramatic Arts as a BFA Acting Major yesterday. I just figured out that I most likely qualify for USC’s Affordability Initiative, so I may get free tuition, which is a possible reason for why they asked me to submit the copies of my tax forms, since it’s not required for everyone.

If I get free tuition, I think I’ll have enough outside scholarships to commit. Feeling really blessed right now and I’m immensely grateful.

I’ll reply to this post when I get my financial aid email to let you know if my speculation is correct. This is all me reading and talking to counselor’s on the ZeeMee, lol, so it’s not final, but it is hopeful.

7 Likes

Got Presidential. Dornsife.

3 Likes

That’s amazing, hope it works out for you, sounds like it will!

1 Like

If sounds like some Dean’s were given out this cycle? If anyone can share info on themselves or a friend if a Dean’s was given out of the blue (not part of the merit interview process) that would be good to know/track.

Dean’s have been unpredictable (sometimes just given in late Jan notification and other times with merit awards and even randomly in April). Curious if they are floating some unexpected Dean’s out there. Good to know for patterns. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

marshall finalist hear yeah only if you got in with a merit based scholarship-