USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

You’re welcome @valchoi. Did you see @wwward update - it sounds like campus is very open including the bookstore - warning: it is hard not to spend money there! Have a great visit and be prepared to walk a lot. There’s a lot of tucked away places, be sure to google the special places to see while there - the architecure and gardens/landscape are fantastic.

Just a side note, my D was at USC from the beginning and all through the pandemic, and the school did a very good job making testing, medical support services, and now vaccines, accessible and easy, even when technically shut down. There were many upperclassman that rode out the storm in the surrounding neighborhoods. The Village was open the entire time for food, retail and other services, so just a shout out to the admin and support staff there for a job well done over the last 12+ months.

It is fun peeking in on the webcams and watching all of the graduates taking pictures.

Tommy Trojan

Hecuba Cam in the Village

@Valchoi I don’t remember where you are from but CA just announced that their mask mandate will stay in place until the tier system is removed on June 15.

1 Like

Love the Tommy Trojan line for pics, thanks for sharing! I’ll be at USC most of this week - always love being there!

Today was Marshall, so lot’s of grads around. :slight_smile:

Yes it was. Not sure about other buildings… as we only tried the bookstore.

Indeed… given all of the challenges, USC did an excellent job. And it looks like a return to normalcy… or very close to it… by the start of the fall semester. Thankfully.

My son is a spring admit. He just got his cost attendance with the half-tuition presidential scholarship today. As a National Merit Finalist, he is eligible for a college-sponsored scholarship of $1,000 per year. Will this be automatically granted or he has to go through a selection process? Thanks

Did he receive a $2500 NMS scholarship from NMSC? If he didn’t, he should be awarded the USC NMS $1K/year. No selection process is needed. It just shows up in your account.

No, he didn’t receive the NMS scholarship. We were able to see the half tuition in his USC portal, but not with the $1,000 scholarship. Maybe it takes more time to be adjusted?

Also, do you mind giving a rundown of your ECs thanks

Hey there! I’ve been wondering the same thing. Did you ever get an answer? We’re you accepted ?

Anyone learned of housing assignments yet?

nothing here yet

They are out. At least some of them.

My daughter received her housing assignment. New North single with sink. This was her first choice and she applied at 9:05 a.m. on the day housing was released.

S21 received his housing assignment today: McCarthy single in a 3-person suite, which was his 2nd choice. He applied in the morning (10:30 AM) on the day USC opened the housing portal.

Is your son in honors program?

It sounds like just singles so far? Any doubles?

D is Parkside Apt. 1 bedroom 2 students

He applied for McCarthy because of Presidential Scholarship guaranteed housing.

S21 says housing decisions are rolling for the next 2 weeks starting with entering freshmen.