USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I’m in London - they’re 8 hours behind me. Watch me staying up till 2am…

1 Like

Still better than being 13.5 hours behind…Probably stay up till 6:30 am waiting

Samee

@Arhaan hi again lmao. I saw you in the umich and stanford thread. Our college list is so similar lol

same haha

cant top being 13.75 hours behind tho :weary:

1 Like

Hey man…it really is. Great seeing you again

1 Like

Don’t stress it. If you don’t get it your life isn’t over

1 Like

Reminder that if you aren’t in the >0.003 percent that doesn’t define you

14 Likes

USC seems excellent in terms of flexibility about changing majors, double majoring, or having 1-3 minors even. My younger daughter was disappointingly admitted as only Undecided (not admitted to either of her top choice majors but admitted to USC generally), but she then quickly internally transferred into SCA, hearing the news by October of her freshman year… so even before her first term grades came out. And almost everyone who takes full advantage of all of these options still graduates on time.

Over the years, many CC posters have suggested that doing anything similar at an UC, by comparison, could lead to one or more extra terms being required to be able to graduate. State / public universities and colleges typically have more GE or distribution requirements, making it harder to experiment or take on extra majors and/or minors while still graduating in just four years. The one key consensus with my daughters was their goal of attending a private university vs public, and this factor… as discussed above by @cadreamin was one of the key reasons for such a decision to choose USC. Neither of them even applied to a single UC.

USC in particular goes out of its way to allow for such experimentation and dabbling in between Schools and programs. There are of course some who attempt to “game” the system by applying to a major they perceive will aid them in gaining admission with the goal of switching majors later to what they really want. Hopefully those examples are not all that common. And while switching into one of the most highly competitive programs or Schools is not guaranteed, persistence and hard work are always rewarded. So do take all of this into consideration when making your final decision among colleges admitted into.

1 Like

are we allowed to send subject tests to USC?

has anyone heard back yet?

Not yet for me. I am in India

1 Like

nope, i’m in england

nothing, I’m in Los Angeles

nothing in New Jersey

Nothing in Pennsylvania

1 Like

Nothing in New York

Nothing in California

My son knows a kid who got accepted yesterday…?