USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

true, I filmed my Yale rejection too.

3 Likes

A deferral from Stanford is excellent as they defer very few, unlike for example Harvard who defers most. Best of luck to you.

6 Likes

just curious, how many of you guys would only go to USC if you received a merit scholarship?

4 Likes

me, for sure. I mean otherwise it’s extremely expensive lol

2 Likes

My daughter would only consider it then. She was accepted at her REA choice.

Me!

Congratulations to her! Where was that?

Too expensive. It wouldn’t be an option anymore.

2 Likes

only an option for my son if he gets a merit scholarship. We do realize this is a long shot.

I am international and I will consider USC no matter what, but receiving a merit scholarship will make it a top choice and I will 99% attend

2 Likes

Which program?

Biology at Dornsife

1 Like

Are we considered for a scholarship based on the first program choice? Because WBB was my first option which is a long shot, and my second was Dornsife

not sure… but since scholarship is given to top students, it will be weird if you are given the scholarship, but rejected from your first option major… like… if you are perfect enough to get a scholarship, shouldn’t you get into your top major?

did anybody get an email about their financial aid? They keep emailing me but idk what it means

that makes sense i guess. thank you <3

me definitely

“Students will be notified by the end of this month re: scholarship decisions. If they are moving forward in the process, they will be invited to campus to interview. They will also receive a letter of admission that states which major they have been admitted to.”
Source

They acknowledge that people use the first and second choice major spots for different things so they still review you for both.

2 Likes

If it comes out affordable, whether merit or financial aid, it would be my DD’s first choice. But she would have to get in, academically she is middle 50% and the money will need to work out for us. She would be so happy to go there.

That is what we did and I am scared it hurt my DD. She applied for dance, but knowing it was an extreme long shot, her goal in life is to be a mental health counselor. Dornslife would be the perfect place for her to realize those dreams.

2 Likes