USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

we had to submit additional things last December

I thought financial aid is due on Feb 12 (today)

If her application really resonates with Dornsife they’ll nominate her! I don’t know how it works with talent-based majors set to first choice, but I assume by this time both schools have reviewed her application.

Best of luck to her!

What time are scholarships coming out?

No one knows.

1 Like

My DD applied last September complete application was 9/23, all of our financial aid information was submitted by 10/31, to meet the deadlines of other schools. They reached out to her in late November/early December saying they were missing the non-custodial CSS form, which we came to find out, they just didn’t download it at that time. Plus I had to break out our children’s 529s, they wanted to know what was specifically in the applicant’s account.

1 Like

Oh ok that makes sense!

From the Marshall website:

“A cumulative USC GPA of 3.3 or above and grade of B+ or better in ECON 351 is recommended to apply.”

For Marshall internal transfers:
“In the past several admissions cycles, the average overall GPA for admitted (internal transfer) students has been over a 3.6. Approximately 90% of admitted students have earned a B or better in the required courses for admission; the majority of successful applicants earn a B+ or better in ECON 351.”

I haven’t read through all the replies since I was last “here” two weeks ago, but my freshman daughter did finally receive a white “package” with letter telling her she was admitted (last March) LOL. It was a day or two ago. It was a large, heavy duty white cardboard envelope rather than a box, and inside was a USC folder with two letters - one about the delay of the admission letter and one the actual admission letter - and a certificate of admission.

2 Likes

Glad to hear your daughter got her box!

I don’t know how well that’ll translate for today since it’s a completely different pool of kids, but hopefully, it’s a good sign.

1 Like

right, as I said I haven’t been keeping up with this thread so I wasn’t sure what people are talking about urgently today but just wanted to report back that my daughter did finally get her envelope. Good luck to the current applicants!

1 Like

An update from USC admission blog today.
I Wasn’t Named a Scholarship Finalist…Now What?

6 Likes

@CAtransplant
Busy work day but will hit you back soon! I just keep peeking in here to see when the rocket launches, but probably doing the afternoon m.o. to avoid the onslaught of calls as usual.

Oh and fall opening is looking good, at least for now.

2 Likes

Bless those people at the Admissions Blog.

Also 41,000~ students before the deadline seems a little low really. I was expecting more around 50,000.

Last year was 37,000 so it’s not a super large increase as other schools have had this year.

2 Likes

in the blog, they said approx 1000, is that the normal number or is it smaller/bigger for this year compared to previous years ?

Pretty much the same

1 Like

Last year was 1200 students

Remember they are admitting only about 1000 today. Less than 3 percent acceptance rate. For 2019-2020 they admitted 7500 overall. So approximately 6/7th’s (86%) of the admissions offers will not come today but on RD decision day.

Good luck everyone and don’t despair! You will probably not be admitted today, and that is ok!

4 Likes