USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Very small chance they could’ve snuck in merit scholarship kids in there, but it might be tough. Staying optimistic though!

1 Like

Everyone gets something - but they can get bumped down. A few years back there was a mom of an applicant up for the Trustee’s that posted on here all the time, super sweet. She said her daughter interviewed but was just going through the motions…she had already mentally checked out of USC cause she had gotten in to her real first choice. It must have showed cause she was bumped down from full tiution to a Director’s which is like 2k a year! They don’t even really give Director’s scholarships (few if at all), I think it is just a consolation prize for situations like this.

Very rare btw, we appreciated the mom for being so open about it!

5 Likes

Interesting story… I wonder how SC handles students who they think could have better options. I guess this can also apply to all schools though.

Most of those getting scholarships today will have lots of options at tippy tops. But that’s also why they give out so many - they know people have choices. In interviews, they want to find those where USC is their number 1 - and while many think they can snow the interviewers, it is surprising how obvious it is. They can weed out those whose heart lies elsewhere and not waste a Trustee offer on them.

It’s not till you’re an adult yourself that you realize how obvious it is when a kid tries to bs the teacher or other adult. :grin:

3 Likes

Very useful comments for understanding the dynamics of the process. Thank you.

2 Likes

how can we prove this is our first option? the interview? because this school is all i want :sob:

1 Like

(I’d assume) Usually they can tell through your “Why USC” essay as well as through what you do. I know they don’t count demonstrated interest, however to some extent I feel as though it’ll show up when it comes time for interviews. :thinking:

1 Like

@Mickman
You’re welcome! Been through this many many times and been pretty involved there.

1 Like

@creativedisaster Let’s get out the results then have that converstation, definitely things you can do.

i’m seeing this year with so many applicants going mad with applications (one kid applied to 40 schools!) that the safety schools are rejecting the kids who are super over qualified. who wants to be second choice?

1 Like

omg half way through the day already. I wonder if there’s going to be multiple waves in the afternoon.

1 Like

They usually get most of them out within a few minutes, then there is random few sputters over the next hour or two. But generally, the bulk hits within a few minutes period if no technical glitch. I think they say “waves” to cover themselves if it blows up.

This is a small amount compared to March, they should have it down!

2 Likes

They will award more than 400 scholarship as the yield is not 100%. Even award to 600 or 700 I doubt 400 will attend USC

1 Like

bruh its literally 4: 30 EST and still nothing at all. this wait is excruciating

2 Likes

do even people who didn’t get scholarships get portal/email updates at the same time as scholarship recipients do

Send a link

What time has usc released RD or 12/1 notifications in the past? my guess is they will follow that timing

2 Likes

ik it’s almost impossible to get a scholarship but this wait is the most painful and anxiety-inducing thing ever

8 Likes

I completely agree with you. It’s like I know im not going to get one anyway, but still feel super anxious about the wait

4 Likes

I believe I saw on some article a USC rep said you could email your admissions officer to let them know that this is your top school. Im not sure if it makes a difference, but it can’t hurt!

1 Like