USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Oh duh! Thanks and congrats!

The no scholarship email says it only applies to presidential and trustee and still in running for other scholarships, but it didn’t come with an admission. Is this the same for everyone who didn’t get admitted today?

3 Likes

Yuup

1 Like

Can someone please confirm…

Checking portal = Scholarship invite (There is no actual email sent yet?)

Emails being received = Sorry but no for major scholarships

1 Like

I can confirm that my DS got “no” email and there was no change to his portal.

i didn’t think i’d cry but my eyes are bloodshot :star_struck:

In the past when the letter (in packages) didn’t mention a scholarship it meant you got the Deans.

I do not know if this is true for this year, but it was how it worked for many years prior. I assume still the case. Not sure why that want made more clear, then and now.

1 Like

Did any Thornton applicants hear back?

2 Likes

Do smaller schools like Keck, Price get any scholarships in this round?

same :frowning:

Waiting on daughter to get home. Waiting to hear on Thornton Popular Music (first choice) or psychology - Dornsife (2nd choice).

I applied to Thornton but haven’t heard anything.

im kind of like well i can’t afford this place :smiley:

1 Like

you know it’s really less about money and more about an early acceptance to a great school so you can stop stressing and wait for the other decisions.

1 Like

the money is really important for a lot of people. it is a great school but also very expensive. one of these factors might matter more for some, and its important to respect that.

8 Likes

yes, the early acceptance is great, but like what sharkysnake said, the money does play a role for some people in terms of decision making

2 Likes

I agree. This is truly one of the the most expensive private colleges. It’s a great school in a very expensive city with very high taxes. And the money is a relief. But it is merit scholarships and not need based so maybe they should offer need based very generous early scholarships too.

2 Likes

There are very few of those smaller scholarships as well, so don’t get your hopes up and have a Plan B for funding your costs.

Best of luck to all!

1 Like

Got an email from USC this afternoon!
My DC has been admitted to the major noted below:
Major: Cognitive Science, B.A.
School: Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences
Scholarship Status: Selected as a finalist for a USC merit scholarship. A scholarship interview will be the next step.
Keeping my fingers crossed!
Best of Luck to All in this group!

9 Likes

Anyone hear from School of Dramatic Arts? anything - Theater / Film / Television related?