USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Congrats to all WBB’ers! It’s an amazing program - you have to be bold to take this on! (and so do your parents that let you go to do this - bravo to them!)

Yes, regardess of interview results, since you were admitted today, and you are NMF AND as long as you declare USC as first choice with NMSC by May 31st, you automatically get 1/2.

But do well at the interview to maybe land the Trustees! Congrats!

1 Like

Is USC’s acceptance rate decreasing? It sounds like they are only accepting about 8,000 students this year ( 1,000 with merit scholarship consideration + 7,000 students in late March) compared to last year of 9,000+. Considering the large increase in applications and the decrease in admission offers, it unfortunately looks like the acceptance rate is going to drop significantly :frowning:

Congrats to all that got in today and good luck with interviews.

For those who got in today, AND already know for sure they will be attending -

Welcome to the Trojan Family!!!

You are very lucky - you can now relax and buy that USC sweatshirt!

:v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v:

11 Likes

Is USC’s acceptance rate decreasing? It sounds like they are only accepting about 8,000 students this year ( 1,000 with merit scholarship consideration + 7,000 students in late March) compared to last year of 9,000+. Considering the large increase in applications and the decrease in admission offers, it unfortunately looks like the acceptance rate is going to drop significantly

Calling @WWWard on this, they are the magician with USC facts and figures!

2 Likes

Hey guys so if I got an email saying that I’m not being considered for the trustee or pres scholarships, but am being considered for the other USC scholarships and will know by late march, does that mean I have a fair chance of getting in? Or is this the standard rejection email that everyone else has gotten?

4 Likes

That’s what everyone got.

1 Like

oh ok lmao

Sorry just seeing this but I applied to Dornsife!

In my son’s email, it mentioned half tuition for NMF. Is that the same for every one or only those NMSF?

1 Like

what is a white box? is that white box in the portal?

the white box is just a certificate of admission that usually comes in the mail! I don’t believe that they are sending white boxes this year due to COVID.

you’re currently running for both so if u do really well for the interview you’ll get the full tuition scholarship but if not, you’ll still receive the half tuition one! it’s all dependent on the interview so good luck :smiley:

Got it thank you!! so does that mean half tuition is guaranteed essentially?

I’m too lazy to read everything but did everyone get the email about applying for scholarships and stuff today

GUYS I JUST GOT into USC!!

10 Likes

Has anyone gotten accepted into SCA? And if so, what major?

I haven’t seen anyone for SCA or SDA : ((

1 Like

Why am I the only one talking about acceptance? did no one got a letter today?

Haven’t seen anyone from SCA, Thornton, Kaufman (dance), IYA. Admissions put out an email last week that said Thornton, Dance and IYA wouldn’t hear anything today. Maybe that’s true for SCA, SDA as well. Folks in the know here said that those folks may still be in the running for merit, but decisions come later as many of those schools are still auditioning applicants. My D had a second audition for Thornton Popular Music at the end of January but didn’t receive a portal update or an email today.

1 Like