USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@rodoshi_123 Look back at the hundreds of posts, there was tons of talk of acceptances, but after waiting all day for news which came about 5pm, most have taken a much needed break.

2 Likes

funny thing is, i refreshed my email and got a princeton interview right after the usc scholarship denial so that’s not the case for me :sob: it’s not like I’m not grateful, it’s just not the news i was hoping for last night

Okay, so now that I’m ineligible for Pres/Trustee, is there anything I can do to strengthen my application? I have a 4.0 GPA, I’ve visited campus (all the way from the East Coast), I have strong essays and volunteer work, I’ve talked with my admissions councilor…

Just not sure what comes next.

Did anybody who applied to Music Industry receive any sort of update??? I thought I would because there was no audition but I still haven’t received any update

@creativedisaster You still could get in. You just wouldn’t get the big merit $ with this round. Unless it’s on your Midyear report where the gpa is updated, not much more but to wait.

Yes, we live in FL. And I do presume that UCs are much cheaper for in-state residents. We also assumed that OOS residents pay much more at the UCs. But in general, my daughters were very set on attending a private school and not a public one. The only possible exception would have been UVa.

@collegemom111111 Going by what Admissions said in their published Insider’s Guide, they referenced the reality that they are now compelled to reject up to 90% of all legacy applicants, simply due to the total # of applicants. They could literally fill the entire freshman class 3+ times over with nothing but legacy applicants. That’s the cruel reality of the current admissions climate. But they do offer TTP for many rejected legacy applicants.

Music Industry applicant here. Got nothing yet:(

@Lskyec03

Last year, USC admitted 9,618 of the 59,712 that applied (16.1%) and ended up with a yield rate of 36%. 3,460 enrolled. Their target yearly is closer to 3,000 enrollees as a freshman class.

In the year before last year, USC had seen a staggering # of applicants… 66,198, so the #s fell last year. They were then only able to admit 7,558 or 11.4%. They ended up with a yield rate of 41.9%, as 3,168 enrolled.

So this year, it all comes down to their projected yield rate. My guess… and it’s only a guess… is that they will be projecting something in the middle – so maybe a yield rate of
38.95% or maybe even a return to how it was two years ago - something close to 42%. If it’s true that they only admitted circa 1000 this week versus the recent high of as many as 1200, that also suggests a higher projected yield rate. That’s a reduction of 17%. If accurate, and if we use that 17% differential, that means they could be projecting a new yield rate as high as 42.14% (36% times 1.17), or a return to what it was two years ago.

So, in all, that suggests circa 7500-7600 as the total # being admitted by April 1st (a return to how it was two years ago). If true, they will only be admitting circa 6500-6600 more during late March. But again, these are just my guesses based on the trends over the past two cycles coupled with the hints we received yesterday.

Congrats to all who got in this week. It is quite an accomplishment to be among the 2.4% admitted out of the circa 41K who applied by Dec 1st.

To the 40K who applied by Dec 1st that had their admission decision deferred until March, please do not lose hope. Remember – no one has been rejected yet.

And on average, 79% of all the people who have ever attended USC got in during March versus Jan-Feb. It’s just a #s game… and the # of applicants applying currently make it oh so challenging.

Good luck though in March…

12 Likes

Thank you - I very much appreciate the perspective!

1 Like

SDA applicant- Daughter confirmed received the “No major scholarship” letter.

Sorry, what’s TTP?

I’m not legacy, just curious haha

Do deferred ppl have to submit a midyear? They never requested one from me

I don’t think USC has ED or EA where there’s deferrals.

1 Like

you’re welcome

1 Like

TTP is the Trojan Transfer Plan. Here’s an article that tries to explain it all…

Mapping Out the Trojan Transfer Plan (uscannenbergmedia.com)

2 Likes

TTP is Trojan Transfer Plan. USC does not use a wait list system for March notifications. Instead they may offer a Spring Admission, or TTP which is a one year delayed admission while you attend somewhere else and achieve acceptable grades. TTP is automatically offered to SCions (legacy applicants) who are not admitted through regular decisions.

3 Likes

Correct… no ED or EA, but 1000 or so were just admitted yesterday via the merit scholarship consideration process. All other applicants - whether you applied by Dec 1st or later - will receive their decision in late March. My point is that no one was actually rejected yesterday. The admission decision for those that applied by Dec 1st has simply been deferred until the March RD cycle. It’s not an official deferment, but that is the net result of not getting in yesterday.

2 Likes

I apologize if this has been covered before, just confused. What is with all these decisions? I applied on December 12th. Did I miss a deadline/am I at a disadvantage? Thanks!

Question for the experts here. If you are a National Merit Finalist and a SCion, and you are not admitted in March, but offered TTP, do you still get half off tuition?