USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Thank you!

It depends I guess. If they already have them and are confident in them as reported, then they clearly do not necessarily need to request them again. Both of my daughters were admitted and both were asked for them, but that is not a definitive sign of anything one way or the other. It is only what happened in their cases.

I know that it is clearly a trend at this stage for applicants to read into everything, but I do not recommend stressing over it needlessly. There are so many diverse factors under consideration… mid term grades is just one of a # and only if applicable as a determining factor. But if concerned, simply make sure that they have them… via either your GC and the Common Application as a standard submission or via a direct submission to your AO from you. For your peace of mind, just make sure that your AO has all the info you feel is essential. And if you have not done so already, tell them your commitment to USC, if applicable.

Good Luck

3 Likes

And what is the release date?

March 30th, PST afternoon.

1 Like

We got an email from USC 2 days ago asking us to submit 2019 tax form. Did anyone else receive such an email? Why will they ask for that now? I thought they have all the financial information from FAFSA. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I got that back in December(?), it’s normal from the Financial Aid Office. There’s some extra stuff they want just for making accurate calculations.

1 Like

USC uses the CSS Profile, so if you didn’t fill that out I’m guessing that’s why they need it. Or they just want to double/triple verify everything.

I did both the FAFSA and CSS and needed to send mine. I guess they just love to triple check.

People get all kinds of request for various FA information, they are completing files on those accepted and those not accepted. They work independently. The faster you get them the info the need, the faster your learn of FA money if accepted. You have to do CSS for USC FA.

Thanks so much everyone. I will double check whether son completed CSS.

1 Like

Hi! Does anyone know if IYA usually releases decisions the same day as RD or has it varied in the past? Thanks!

Are all decisions released for all majors at the same time? I have twin sons and it has been frustrating because they have heard back from different schools at different times and there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason (They applied to all of the same schools, but for very different majors). One is applying for engineering and one for dance, so they are applying for totally different things, but I have really been surprised by where each has been accepted and/or been a finalist or recipient for scholarships. I’m really hoping they end up at the same school and hoping for USC, because they’re legacies. One heard back from UCSB last month with a scholarship and the other has a dormant admissions portal. The other son was accepted at UCI, while his brother was rejected from UCI without even a waiting list. They each have great acceptances, but each school has accepted one and not the other. I really want them both at the same school, so this is frustrating. The only school that accepted both so far was CSUF. Hopefully USC accepts both!

2 Likes

While generally the same time, Thornton can have unique notification time for audition majors.

Does USC allow you to dual degree or double major across schools? Like I really wanna do neuroscience at Dornsife and music at Thornton.

I believe so

1 Like

Yes, my daughter is doing Thornton and Dornsife double majors. They encourage double majors, it’s up to you to fit them in your schedule or stay an extra semester as needed as requirements across two different schools add up.

1 Like

So is she currently a student there? Or do you have to tell them during the application process?

Yes she is student there now. She was close to a minor then decided to formally make it a major as junior, so it does not have to be defined at any particular time. Three of mine did/doing double majors at USC. You can add a major at any time, even as a senior (if you have room or want to stay longer), you do not have to tell them in the application process. You can do it at orientation or in any year of school you decide to add it. Just talk to advisor about it anytime in the process.

1 Like

We have to upload 2019 and 2020 which we haven’t even done yet. Believe it’s because our income took a hit due to covid which I documented on the CSS.

So cool that you have twins with such different interests! Hope they both get into USC.

1 Like