USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

December for us too

My son got an email a week ago about a missing Tax Supplement Form from parent. He had forgotten to send me the link to fill the form in December. It was redundant info from the FAFSA but they still ask for the simplified form. We had already submitted the FAFSA and CSS.

Financial aid works separately from admissions. You will receive a TON of emails from financial aid. Some won’t make sense so call financial aid if you have a question.

Newbie here. If USC enrolls 3450 freshmen, what accounts for the figure of 19,500 undergraduates? Do they bring in an extraordinarily large number of transfers each year?

Interesting… I did a search and it looks like they take abt 2300 transfer students each year, and then I searched for their 4 years graduation rate, it showed 77% graduate in 4 year. So if we say the 10-20% of the 19,500 are from not graduating in 4 years, that and plus the 2300 transfers? I’m just take a guess, and it probably doesn’t make any sense.

Just want to warn you that the CSS is quite detailed about your full financial outlook and your son won’t be able to complete it unless you’ve been using him as your accountant. It probably took me twice as long to complete compared to the FAFSA.

2 Likes

The CSS keeps asking for more and more information. I’m a widow and it has asked for extensive documentation, including a death certificate, which I’ve had to order, and every time I submit additional documentation, it just asks for more. Every time I log in hoping it will finally be accepted, it has the note asking for MORE information. sigh The FAFSA was easily accepted without question at all other schools.

5 Likes

Unless USC is the only private Univ one applies, they should have completed CSS Profile for other private school. Simply add USC to the list (and pay a fee?)

My sons mostly applied to public universities and the other private schools only required the FAFSA, but not the CSS. I didn’t realize I would need a death certificate and it took so long to receive. I included a copy of the obituary from 2005, school records reflecting he is deceased, and a variety of other documentation, but they keep asking for the death certificate. Then, when I finally received and submitted the death certificate, it asked for copies of birth certificates that listed him, then I provided those, and it wanted more information. It is starting to feel invasive. Is everyone asked to provide layers upon layers of documentation?

3 Likes

@anon89336960 @lemonlulu The CSS is certainly a hassle and honestly may be worth having an accountant fill out lol. The good news is that filling it out enables you to possibly get the very generous aid packages USC offers.

On another note, hope things are going well @CADREAMIN on the other side of town. Best of luck everyone when decisions are released.

2 Likes

If I don’t apply for financial aid, do I still have to fulfill the CSS?

No you do not.

Hey @10s4life! Great to hear from you! Glad to see you are still rockin it over there. They are lucky to have you!

I thought UCSB was supposed to be tomorrow. Did you see a newsletter saying otherwise?

I’m sorry I thought you were talking about admission decisions my bad

UCSB is for sure tomorrow. All applicants received an email with a date announcement. UC Berkeley is 3/25. This was also announced

I did the CSS and USC is still asking me for a ton of additional information. It may be because my 2019 income was seriously inflated and projections 2020 forward are much lower.

Regarding USC FA, I just looked at my senior daughter’s portal and there are 22 received docs or items in her FA portal regarding this school year. It can of course vary by year, but there is a lot more to it usually than just the CSS and FAFSA. In my daughters’ cases, they only asked for the CSS profile once… for the first year each attended. But they ask for a new FAFSA yearly plus the student’s and each parent’s tax returns yearly plus a # of other individualized requests based on our family’s financial situation specifically. The point is that they are rather thorough and not at all shy about asking for whatever they need or want. But to secure the FA award scenario that worked - at least for us - you really have no other recourse but to supply it each time it is requested… even when they sometimes duplicate requests for the very same item. So, I recommend saving copies in a new folder just for USC FA, simply to have all such info readily available. It also helps when trying to replicate filings in subsequent years.

To all those admitted whose enrollment is conditioned on an FA award that works for you… good luck. It worked out for us… even during an overlap year when both of my daughters were at USC simultaneously. So hopefully the same can be true for you all…

2 Likes

When you upload documents, they are visible to all schools, not just the one asking for the document.

1 Like