USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I have a child at UCSD and I recently attended a webinar about, among other things, classes in the fall. Just to clarify their position on in-person in the fall, they said that 80+% of classes will be in person, outdoor classrooms to remain through Winter 2022 at least, and a gradual phase-in of on-campus events.

will this also be the case for SDA ?

I think SDA is with regular but @WWWard may have more reliable info on that. Even the anomalies that can happen in Thornton is just for a very very few.

Exciting day for the UCs.

Someone posted on another thread that at the 50 min mark in this UCLA town hall video they state that they expect classes over 60 to be virtual in the fall. Meanwhile, UCB expects classes over 200 to be virtual in the fall.

1 Like

Just received request to provide Expected 2021 Income Declaration Form - Parent form. does this seem late in the game? Do they really put together a financial aid package ahead of time for it to be ready in case they are admitted?
Actually it is a lot of forms now needed

Didn’t get into the big blue across the way, but at least I’m back and ready to wait for USC. Hopefully it turns out better :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

No. They just need extra forms for verification.

Rejections aren’t fun, but hoping you get in and go to USC!

2 Likes

Always happy to see you eligrayy! Wishing it was for better circumstances tho… D was waitlisted for UCLA

2 Likes

same lets hope for the best with USC!

1 Like

Same situation with my student!

Any idea how many first-year applications USC received this year?

72,000~ give or take a few thousand

2 Likes

Accepted! After my JHU rejection I was really feeling discouraged, but this is good news! Congrats to all accepted! And to those rejected, you may be in the same situation I am with JHU, and find another school for you!

Not decided with UCLA. Still have 15 more decisions to open!

3 Likes

Whoops. Didn’t realize this was USC thread and not UCLA thread. Apologies!

3 Likes

No worries! Congratulations on your admission to UCLA!

3 Likes

Same here hahah. I wasn’t too upset bc I really wanna go to USC. I saw you on the UCLA gc and wanted to say something abt that but got scared. What USC major did you apply to?

2 Likes

Basically, all applications are reviewed in 2-3 ways… by USC admissions and by the School or Schools that house the first and second choice majors selected. And there are four possible outcomes… 1) admitted to USC and to your first choice major, 2) admitted to USC and to your second choice major, 3) admitted to USC but as Undeclared due to both your first and second choice majors passing on you, 4) rejected by USC. Good luck.

2 Likes

I am keeping my hotel reservations for now. Hopefully things will change further so that I and other OOS parents can actually attend in-person if willing to travel there. My daughter has a friend who works in the president’s office, so she is trying to gain some clarification as to how they plan to enforce the restrictions… if they persist until then. Here’s hoping that they do not, and we can have some form of a return to normalcy by mid-May.

I also believe that SDA is with the rest. I cannot recall it being otherwise before.

1 Like