USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

Hi, also does anyone know if undocumented students are eligible for financial aid? The website is unclear when it says “undocumented students meeting certain criteria.” My friend is eligible for DACA but their application is on hold after the lower court’s junction in response to the SCOTUS decision.

It would be best for them to call the financial aid office directly. That is a complicated question the requires accurate info only they can provide. They are super nice people and are there to help!

1 Like

Hey merit recipients - first congrats to all, sorry if I missed you individually when posts were flying.

Are you able to set up your Explore interviews yet? Do they seem to all be online? I was hoping you had option to do them live, and was told that was being strongly considered since things are improving so quickly re covid. Does in person Explore seem to be happening? If able to visit, it is great to do so!

Does it show a date housing reg opens for you?

2 Likes

Hey! I was able to set mine up using the ExploreUSC account they give you on the portal. They said the interviews are most likely 3-on-1 (admissions officer, student, faculty member, and of course yourself) on Zoom. They do have some in-person Explore events you can sign up for, but it looks like it’s out of your own expenses. Personally, I did not sign up for any except for my interview. Housing registration doesn’t pop up to me yet, probably because I didn’t commit to USC yet (gonna wait for financials + other decisions). It does say that housing regs must be done by May 2nd though.

You can sign up for housing without committing and I highly recommend you do so the day they open it up for you if you at all may be considering USC. There is a small application fee of like $55 bucks that has to be submitted with app, but small price to pay to get it secured.

Don’t wait until May, even honors housing fills up. Again, you do not have to commit to get your place in line for housing. And it is first come first serve based on time/day your app is submitted, so complete the app when you are able to do so!

Don’t worry about the room mate selection section, you can do that later. In fact, you can change anything on the app after it is submitted (even housing choices) and not lose your original time stamp for priority.

5 Likes

appears online zoom only. but explore visit still allowed but seems like interview is virtual

1 Like

thx for the advice! now to find out when it opens! :grimacing:

1 Like

They will let you know. The housing site often crashes or becomes glitchy when many people try to log on - even if it is just the scholarship recipients. Try to log on the moment it opens.

Trustee and Presidential Scholarship recipients will be offered McCarthy Honors Residential College. It is suite style housing in The Village. Some feel that it isn’t as social as the traditional dorms but, for my student, the honors college has been an awesome experience.

1 Like

is there available university housing for students AFTER freshman year? or do most then move off campus?

Yes housing guaranteed for fresh and sophomores. Some stay and some want the freedom off campus housing allows. But they have option to stay as sophomores. There is a separate housing sign up for them in Jan/Feb timeframe during freshman year.

Freshman honors housing is in McCarthy. Sophomore honors housing is in Ilium (also in the Village). Students can choose to live in other dorms or apartments but, if you choose honors housing, you are guaranteed two years in the Village.

There is less availability for junior year housing and most students start to look for off campus apartments by then. Housing selection for current students is happening this month (Feb). Many off campus apartment leases are signed in Dec and Jan so waiting for USC housing may mean that the off campus housing you want is no longer available.

1 Like

Thank you! we looked at some of the housing in the Village. D22 is excited! she is thinking the 2 doubles. we saw one with 8 kids! that seems like it screams party ! and i know it’s a range but $3500 -$7000 - quite a range!

1 Like

I haven’t seen them personally, but I’ve heard that the lofts are very small compared to other rooms. Everyone has their own budget and the lofts are a more affordable option for those who need it.

When you apply for housing, do you list your housing preference or does that come later? And do most early admit living in Honors housing?

The lofts are crazy small so just be prepared for that if selecting it.

Yes you list preferences. Some live in the Village, others want the traditional setting of the dorms in the freshman quad. (Birkrant, Marks, Pardee etc) or other dorms like Parkside. It’s a personal preference. They vary on different factors like closed doors/open doors, more social, less social, location, a/c, etc.

1 Like

Does USC send merch and mail to finalists or does that come with the regular decisions?

I don’t know the exact numbers but McCarthy houses approximately 500 students. It is open to Trustee and Presidential scholars first and, if there is room, they open it up to Deans. According to last year’s profile, the class of 2025 has 98 Trustee Scholars and 384 Presidential (early merit + NM) Scholars. The class of 2024 had 100 Trustee Scholars and 461 Presidential Scholars.

1 Like

Any swag comes from the college you were accepted into. Marshall gives the big box. In the past, Viterbi has given a mug… I think. Not sure about SCA or the other colleges. @CADREAMIN do you know?

Darn, I got like 4 Viterbi mugs at explore USC day lol

1 Like