USC Scholarships!

If you are a NMF and receive the Trustee (full) scholarship, USC also gives you a NMS scholarship of $1000/year for 4 years.

does anyone know roughly when scholarships are coming out?

Admission notification for scholarship recipients should be in the next week or so. Notification of which scholarship one receives traditionally isn’t until March.

I heard people get their packages before the update in the portal is that true

Yes, as I believe they are mailed out before the status update, though I am unsure if packages will be mailed due to COVID----RD admits last year did not receive packages.

1 Like

Ah ok thank uuu!!

I can’t speak for the university but in the beginning of this pandemic there was a lot of concern about the virus being transmitted via packages and on surfaces. In the past month USC has mailed lab kits and “virtual residential hall” packages to current students so I don’t see why they wouldn’t mail admissions packages as well.

4 Likes

When will we find out?

You should hear back within the next few weeks.

1 Like

Any updates? its the end of january…

I am guessing they could send out those scholarship mail packages considering that USC students got packages, during remote learning, as posted on their story. But this is just my guess.

The date is Friday!

2 Likes

I didn’t choose to attend USC, so they must have only been sent to enrolled students.

The date is confirmed for Feb 12th via email

1 Like

So tomorrow (Friday, Feb 12) is the date?? Good luck everybody!
-albertr

yup ! good luck to you too and to everyone waiting to hear tomorrow !

1 Like

So tomorrow is the day we hear whether or not you got invited to interview for a scholarship? And if you did, that pretty much means you will be accepted. If not, you will have final word in April. Correct?

1 Like

Correct :slight_smile:

Thx

It doesn’t “pretty much mean you will be accepted” it means you are absolutely accepted. If a package comes in the mail, it has a certificate of admission. The letter (in the portal and in mail) says, “Congratulations on your admission to the University of Southern California.”