USC (WBB + Presidential Scholarship) vs NEU (Honors) for International Business

I am in between these schools for International Business. I am applying with 40 DE credits and 2 APs (5s). I was accepted to USC for the World Bachelor’s in Business on a pre-law track with the Presidential Scholarship, but I am worried about the location and acceptance of dual enrollment credits. I would have to do 4 years, but I get a cool international experience with 3 different countries in 4 years. It is also good for networking and law school. For Northeastern, they would accept most to all of my credits, so I could get a bachelor’s in 3 years and use my 4th year for my master’s (it wouldn’t be covered by the scholarship). Additionally, they have co-op and global opportunities. Both schools would cost the same for the bachelor’s, and I know whatever decision I make is not a bad decision. It’s more of what am I gaining and giving up. If anyone has any advice or input about the schools, please reply!

Congratulations!

I’m not sure I understand your concern about dual enrollment credits. Did you take courses that were used to fulfill high school requirements? USC also allows credit for AP exams.

Regarding the location. For WBB, you will spend your first year at USC, second year in Hong Kong, third year in Milan and your forth year will be your choice. Which location are you concerned about?

I have 12 credits that fulfilled my high school requirements, so for my senior year, I took all college classes that would count for transfer. I know USC grants credits, but with the WBB program being set, I would basically take the same courses but alternative classes (That is what I have been told by admission counselors), so I can stay with the same cohort. Basically, I am concerned if I am getting the most out of my four years.

I heard from previous students and Reddit that the area was not the safest off-campus. My parents are concerned about me being across the country and not being safe. I am not the most concerned, but I wanted to ease their concerns.

Freshman year, you will live in the dorms - most likely McCarthy in the Village. The Village and campus are relatively safe. All of your travels will take you to big cities where you will need to be aware of your surroundings. Are you parents concerned about you being across the country for one year but not concerned about Hong Kong or Milan?

It’s more of a mother’s concern about the whole program. I have been to Milan, so I am not really concerned about that place. I think their excitement outweighs the fear, but they wanted to know more about the area.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.