USC's Master of Science in Digital Social Media

Hi all! I just finished my fourth year of college (I have one more year to go), and I’m majoring in digital marketing. I’m not sure if I want to pursue a masters degree. In case I choose to, I researched some master programs that are relevant to my major. USC’s MS in Digital Social Media really caught my attention.
I want to know more information about the program as well as the admission statistics: what the program is like and stats (GPA, work experience, etc…). If you attend the school or know anyone who does, please let me know! It’ll mean a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you referring to the ONLINE masters degree program ?

Cost of the online program (tuition & fees) for one academic year is $56,000.

May require 3 semesters.

Only 3% of the students have just 1 to 2 years of work experience prior to entering the program. The remaining students have more years of work experience.

I don’t think this program is online… I know there is an online program but that is MS in Digital Media Management; I’m talking about Digital Social Media :sob:

The Masters degree program in Digital Social Media appears to be designed for those with less than one year of post undergraduate work experience.

Employment results are reported as “within 12 months” rather than “within 6 months”.

Annenberg is a great school, but unclear as to whether or not this masters degree would be a good value for one with your undergraduate degree background. Compare the 4 required courses and the electives with the courses that you have already taken.

Many elite universities offer masters degree program for those with minimal work experience. I suspect that your time would be better spent getting at least a year or two of post undergraduate work experience prior to entertaining the thought of a higher degree in a program that probably mimics your undergraduate coursework. Also, some concern about job placement being expressed in terms of 12 months.

KEY: Can you afford this program WITHOUT taking on any student loan debt ?

And compare your undergraduate degree coursework to the courses offered in this program ?

Have you searched for more affordable alternatives–such as a certificate program or a part-time program–that will permit you to work full-time while earning the certificate or degree ?