Using Alabama NMF for grad/law school?

I see Alabama says NMFs can use remaining semesters for grad school or law school. How does this work in practice for an OOS? Do they charge an extra amount to cover the difference between undergrad and grad/law tuition? Do OOS get charged higher? Do the students lose their housing benefit and stipend?

Anyone have experience with how OOS students can get a grad/law degree using the NMF and what it would cost?

I’d call your admissions counselor and ask.

2 Likes

The NMF scholarship covers four years of housing and five years of tuition, currently. It doesn’t matter if you enrolled in graduate, law, or undergraduate degree programs. Some summer programs are not included. So, if you wanted to do law school you could, at a minimum get a year or tuition covered. I have heard of a student who attended early college at Bama and between that and other entry credits was able to complete their undergraduate and law degree in five years during the span of the scholarship.

1 Like

I do not know specifically about Alabama but many schools offer scholarships for 8 semesters of study plus summers. In my own personal case, I was able to take graduate school classes in my senior year as I was done with my degree requirements.
In my case, I changed schools and those credits were pretty useless. But I imagine, this strategy will work if you remain in Alabama but perhaps professional schools have their own rules?