UT Austin Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I think most agree with above that attendance in any event such as the honors preview will not influence demonstrated interest. The discussion is around how these applicants were identified. I’m always wary of advice from someone who uses their “advice” for business development.

I believe the UT Admission Guy’s statement address “how these invites applicants [are] identified” as well. He says that parents misjudge that “being invited to . . . these events will improve their chances.” And he says that “the parameters for event invitations . . . do not influence admissions chances or signal anything in particular.”

Does anyone know whether Turing or CSB have started conducting interviews, or when they typically start? Thanks for any info.

I have twins. One twin got letter. One did not. The one who is auto admit and almost perfect SAT got it. Tried to sign up right away and it was full.

We got a letter yesterday. D21 had already applied for Liberal Arts honors. The sad thing is we live in the Houston area and the letter was postmarked 11/13. Took five days to get from Austin to Houston and the session is today. Needless to say it was full!

So interesting…thanks for everyone’s response! @Noviite you make a great point with this year being test optional. That leads me to believe it was auto generated based on National Merit recognition since our kids took this their junior year. The admissions & honors program acceptances have always seemed so arbitrary to me compared to the other colleges where my kids have applied. @praha23 you are correct, these invites seem to have little to do with acceptance into these programs. My oldest son was invited to something similar and invited/attended Best of Texas that March. He was accepted to the University but not any honors programs. It helped him make the decision to choose Rice for his undergrad and he was very happy there. My daughter wasn’t invited to any special honors events and was accepted into Nursing and is currently in Nursing Honors so there is no rhyme or reason.

A girl on Reddit posted last night that she got accepted into Psychology as a non auto admit!! 1310 SAT and outside of top 10%! Y’all, check your portals and post your acceptances with stats please!!

Gives review admits like me some hope haha, good for her!!

My in-state son non-auto admit (top 6.3%/ 35 ACT) admitted for International Relations and Global Studies and was also admitted to the Plan II Honors program as well.

My AA daughter was admitted to the CNS as a Public Health major today!!!

@oldhorn My UT23 was never invited to any honors events but he was admitted into LAH. I am glad to read your post because, our daughter has AA and was just admitted to her selected major hasn’t received any such invites (like I am seeing many others post about). She is super competitive and it might be a dealbreaker for her (like your son) if she doesn’t get in an honors program.

@chillycow, could you please post the url for Redditt for UT admissions?

@Noviite , it is under the r/UT Austin by celium04

https://www.reddit.com/r/UTAustin/comments/jxihmp/yall_i_just_got_admitted_to_ut_austin_as_the/

@chillycow, thanks!

Thanks for the heads up. My instate auto admit was admitted to CNS biology and Plan 2. Deans Scholar still under review. Academic stats: 5/411 rank, 20+ IB/ AP’s, 35 ACT, SAT subject tests 740 and 760.

@momsquared33 , @parent-21 , @antiquedealermom -
Congratulations to your students!

When did they apply?

@OnHill he submitted his app on 10/12. Auto came in like 3 days later. My older son ( 23) also got his admit the weekend before thanksgiving 2 years ago to plan 2 and had submitted at the same time I think.

@OnHill My son submitted his application in early September but the supporting documents were not received until mid-October.

i got into chemical engineering today!!!

1 Like

Any non-auto admits gotten in McCombs yet?